Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F****ING christmas music has started on oct 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!someone shoot me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F****ING christmas music has started on oct 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!someone shoot me!

Just to give a little background on the current level of stress. Closed last night, worked 13 hours today (open-close+) and open tommorow. I offered to stay late today because one of my coworkers called in and its a real pain for everyone else if a front end supervisor is gone. (so in other words not blaming my boss for it) I was tired, cranky and really wanted to go home.

Aparently today, October 4th is the day that the hell of continual play christmas music starts. WTF halloween hasnt even arrived much less thanksgiving! To make matters worse it wasnt even a CD it was a huge display fake christmas tree that played a scratchy and awful tune over and over and OVER AND OVER again. I just dont get it WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Y

I love Christmas music, as it gives me warm fuzzies deep inside. But I will never understand why, stores play it earlier and earlier each yeah.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

In my store, which is located in Massachusetts, we have one aisle with haloween decorations on the left side, christmas on the right side and a stack of a/c's in the middle. Our GM is not happy.

Comment

If you want someone to shoot you...

...you need to specify the caliber. I have way too much stuff to bring with me so you need to be more specific.

Anyway, yea, October is WAY too early. Have the batteries from the display "disappeared" yet?
        "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Quoth novicecrafter View Post
          Aparently today, October 4th is the day that the hell of continual play christmas music starts.
          You have GOT to be SHITTING me!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Oh hell no. I've joked that soon they will be starting Christmas Shopping and music right around my birthday and that is in January. At one of the stores I worked in our Christmas music would start about the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and end on January 2nd. One day, all of us cashiers/office people kept tabs on how many times we heard one certain song redone in a number of different ways. We stopped counting at 10 or 12.

Also, if I hear "Santa Baby" or "All I Want For Christmas Is You", I cannot be held liable for my actions. :-p
            Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              You have GOT to be SHITTING me!
              Oh no, I think I've got you beat on this one! I went into well known bookstore chain in the first week of September. While I was browsing I suddenly realised that they were playing F-ing Christmas music! When I worked there a few years ago, they didn't start the music until at least the middle of October. But no, first week in September now.
              Idiot-proofing myself since 1997

Comment

My personal rule is I don't want to see any Christmas related stuff until AFTER Thanksgiving. On Black Friday, hit me with everything you got, but PLEASE let me have some sanity before then.

My personal record was a Christmas display up (and up though Christmas) was a drug store in Haverhill, Mass. They had it up late in July (and no, it wasn't a Christmas in July sale).

Quoth daleduke17 View Post
                Also, if I hear "Santa Baby" or "All I Want For Christmas Is You", I cannot be held liable for my actions. :-p
                And you never hear the good ones, like Father Christmas from the Kinks or Christmas Wrapping from The Waitresses.
                (Or the Twelve Days of Redneck Christmas)

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, A BEER!

Do you have Christmas in France? CHRIIIISSSSTMAAAAAS. CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
                Last edited by draggar; 10-05-2007, 10:59 AM.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  And you never hear the good ones, like Father Christmas from the Kinks or Christmas Wrapping form The Waitresses.
                  (Or the Twelve Days of Redneck Christmas)

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, A BEER!

Ah, but I have heard at least one of them. Redneck 12 Days is a pretty funny one. Most of the stupid-humor songs are the ones I like. Father Christmas and Christmas Wrapping I haven't heard, though.
                  Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

This is more of a winter song, but what about 'Walking Around in Women's Underwear' (sung like 'Walking Around in a Winter Wonderland) by Bob Rivers?

"Lacey things, the wife is missing.
                    Didn't ask, for her permission
                    I'm wearing her clothes,
                    her silk panty hose.
                    Walking around in women's underwear.

In the store, there's a teddy.
                    With little straps, like spagetti.
                    It holds me so tight,
                    like handcuffs at night.
                    Walking around in womens underwear

In the office there's a guy named Melvin.
                    He pretends that I am Murphy Brown.
                    He'll say "Are you ready?"
                    I'll say, "Woah man! Lets wait untill the wife is out of town."
                    Later on, if you wanna,
                    We can dress, like Madonna.
                    Put on some eye shade, and join the parade.

Lacey things, missing.
                    Didn't ask, permission.
                    Wearing her clothes, silk panty hose.
                    Walking around in women's underwear......"
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      And you never hear the good ones, like Father Christmas from the Kinks or Christmas Wrapping from The Waitresses.
                      Personally I recommend the "Horny Holidays" album from Mojo Nixon and the Toad Liquors. This is the same musical genius who brought us such funfilled songs as "Don Henley Must Die," "Elvis is Everywhere," "Debbie Gibson is Pregnant With My Two Headed Love Child," and "Eating Martha's Muffin," devoted to Martha Quinn of MTV fame.

Yes, his Christmas music is just as freakin' hilarious!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

I can't freakin BELIEVE that!

If I walked into a place and that was playing this early, I'd make a 180 and walk the hell right back out!

Sheeesh!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                          I can't freakin BELIEVE that!

If I walked into a place and that was playing this early, I'd make a 180 and walk the hell right back out!

Sheeesh!
                          Seconded. Unless they were playing like The 12 Days of Starcraft, or such.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                            This is more of a winter song, but what about 'Walking Around in Women's Underwear' (sung like 'Walking Around in a Winter Wonderland) by Bob Rivers?
                            Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Draggar for reminding me of one of the best Christmases I had in customer service! I'm being serious - it's when I ran the pub and a group of the regulars serenaded the staff with that song! Ah, happy memories.
                            Idiot-proofing myself since 1997

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                              And another favorite of mine, "Rusty Chevrolet" by Da Yoopers.

(sung to the tune of "Jingle Bells")
                              Dashing through the snow in my rusty Chevrolet.
                              Down the road I go, sliding all the way.
                              I need new piston rings. I need some new snow tires.
                              My car is held together by a piece of chicken wire!

Oh, rust and smoke, the heater's broke, the door just blew away.
                              I light a match to see the dash and then I start to pray-ay.
                              The frame is bent, the muffler went, the radio's okay.
                              Oh, what fun it is to drive this rusty Chevrolet!

I went to IGA, to get some Christmas cheer.
                              I just passed up my left front tire and it's gettin' hard to steer.
                              Speeding down the highway, right past the county cops.
                              I have to drag my swampers just to get the car to stop.

Oh, what fun it is to drive this rusty Chevrolet!

Bouncing through the snowdrifts in a big, blue cloud of smoke.
                              People laugh as I drive by; I wonder what's the joke!
                              I have to get to Wal-Mart to pick up my layaway,
                              Cause Santa's comin' soon in his big, old, rusty sleigh!

Oh, what fun it is to drive this rusttttttttty Chevroooooooleeeeeet!
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X