This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Pepper

When is the rest of the world going to understand that Dr. Pepper is neither a Pepsi or a Coke product?

Quoth DrFaroohk View Post
    When is the rest of the world going to understand that Dr. Pepper is neither a Pepsi or a Coke product?
    Um, I thought it was a Pepsi product....It has always been in the pepsi lineup around here...

But looking at the websites and product info, I guess it isn't. Funny, everyplace I've ever been has lumped it in with the Pepsi products. It sits between the Mountain Dew and Cherry Pepsi at my usual grocery store. Huh.

Learn something everyday.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Yeah, depending on where you are, Pepsi or Coke will deliver it, but that's it. They don't own it.

I suppose I can't blame people, not everyone knows it, but its so annoying to have the conversation every day when Pepsi is on sale.

SC: Hey, those are buy one get one free!

ME: I'm sorry ma'am, Dr. Pepper is not a pepsi product.

SC: But its in the Pepsi cooler!

ME: I have no control over how the products are arranged - pepsi dictates how the cooler is set up. And since they deliver the Dr. Pepper, they decide where that goes too, but they do not MAKE Dr. Pepper and hence is it exempt from such discounts.

SC: Well I'm never shopping here agaiN! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOUR KIDS!

ME: Please leave the store, ma'am.

<next day, I'm under investigation yet again because she complained on me, and my company is once again dumb enough to take her side>

Comment

Yeah, we've got one soda machine in another town that lumps Dr. Pepper with Coke; now if I can just find one that'll deliver Moxie...
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Blood.. you will only really find Moxie around Maine....

Comment

Fun fact, the Dr. Pepper in my area is always on sale when the pepsi is. Also, I believe it also says "Bottled on behalf of X company by Pepsi Co." in my area, as it's probably cheaper for them to just rent space from Pepsi over getting their own bottling plant in the area.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Generally Dr. Pepper is Licensed to either Coke or Pepsi, it just depends on the area and the local bottler. Some areas its coke, some areas its pepesi, and some areas its Schweps. Thats why some areas will have Dr. Pepper on tap with Coke if Coke has the Dr. Pepper License in that area, otherwise it will be Pibb if Pepsi has the Dr. Pepper license. And in some areas neither coke or pepsi has the license and it is produced by 7-UP/Dr Pepper which is owned by the parent company Cadbury Schweppes.

So all in all it truely depends on where you are as to whether those sales would apply to DP or not. In all honesty they really shouldn't since DP truely isn't a Coke or Pepsi product at all but is licensed and bottled by Coke or Pepsi in some area's.
              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Ugh...moxie. I grew up surrounded by it and I think its just the most disgusting shit on the planet.

Comment

Dr. Pepper is ALWAYS on sale when Coke is at my store. :shrugs:

I try not to think about it. I don't need the headache.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

In NE Ohio, DP was always with the Pepsi stuff. I've got cousins who live in Texas where Coke reigns supreme and DP is always available with Coke. Just depends on where you live. *shrugs*

Comment

Since I have no idea - I'm going to ask.. What is the world is Moxie?
                      You want it when? Yeah, Good luck with that!

Comment

Myself, I am still looking to try caffeine free Dr. Pepper, as I don't drink caffeine and love Dr. Pepper....and miss it terribly. Sadly, caffeine free Dr. Pepper is only sold in 17 states (and apparently hard to find even in those), and Florida is not one of them.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Myself, I am still looking to try caffeine free Dr. Pepper, as I don't drink caffeine and love Dr. Pepper....and miss it terribly. Sadly, caffeine free Dr. Pepper is only sold in 17 states (and apparently hard to find even in those), and Florida is not one of them.
                          I drink the caffeine free myself (gold cans!) and I honestly can not tell a difference between it and regular, aside from the fact that one makes my crazy act up and the other does not.

DIET Dr Pepper, on the other hand, tastes like Diet Coke with dirt in it. Not the good beach sand style dirt, either. Icky black garden dirt.
                          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Around here, Dr Pepper is bottled by Coke. Go two states over to Maine, and it's bottled by Pepsi.

It gets even more interesting when you factor in the company's other products. Dr Pepper/Seven Up is a subsidiary of Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages. Those brands include both major brands of ginger ale (Canada Dry and, of course, Schweppes), 7UP (duh), Sunkist, and others.

Keeping in mind that they have few bottlers of their own and contract out most of their product, here's where everything comes from in my area:

Schweppes: various Pepsi bottlers, depending on where in the area you are
                            Canada Dry: Coke
                            7UP: various Pepsi bottlers OR Polar Beverages (Worcester, MA), depending where you are

Weird, no?
                            "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Jester, if you really want it that bad, I could ship some to you. You would, of course, have to cover the shipping charges!
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X