This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
    Why yes, I do face the bills in my wallet.
    I don't have a wallet. OK, I do, but I don't use it. All my bills are faced and the wad is folded neatly and placed in my back pocket. (And one of the good things about having a big butt is that I'd notice if someone tried to pick my pocket. )
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      I don't have a wallet. OK, I do, but I don't use it. All my bills are faced and the wad is folded neatly and placed in my back pocket. (And one of the good things about having a big butt is that I'd notice if someone tried to pick my pocket. )
      Same here! (with the pickpocketing)

I hardly carry any cash anymore, but when I did was when I faced the bills.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I realised today that I face my wallet too. It's naturally faced when I get y pay (I get payed in cash) but it tends to stay that way.

Comment

I always these days end up being nice to poor suffering staff at the supermarket and the checkout peeps love me because I always try to have the right change or as close as possible and have it ready to make it easier for me and them. I don't even work on Checkouts I'm Deli.
          As soon as I start thinking
          That I'm sensible and sane
          The Random Hedgehog comes along
          And fiddles with my Brain
          (from card I got)

Comment

Though I do not work in retail, I know how most of them feel and have fallen victim to answering the phone with "Good Morning/Afternoon, Resturant of Hell!' on my cell quite often. Usually right after a hectic shift or when I'm half asleep the night before a hectic shift. Usually though, it's my friend/co-worker that calls and he finds it very amusing. I try my best to smile and say you too whenever cashiers at the store or fast food places say " have a good day/night" or try to strike up a good conversation (when I'm the only one in line). I did this once at a gas station in a town about an hour's drive away on my way home from a JV football game. A couple harassed the clerk because her automated register added up wrong and gave them the wrong change. she tried to explain it to them, but they just yelled and up and left without the change. I came up and simply said "Don't worry, I have days like that at work too" and the convo. went from there, for almost 10 minutes. She was glad to have someone to unload onto and I told her I hoped she would have a better day and smiled, (actually meaning it for once). She was feeling so much better, she even gave me a free box of tic tacs on the house (sweet!). So, genrally I try and be nice to other workers of the customer genre, cause I know how they feel. And I know how far one good customer in a sea of sea monsters can go for their feelings and ego.
            Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

I have to restrain myself from folding tables and picking up clothes on hangars from the floor and whatnot, after a year at Wal-Mart in apparel, even though I left in December of last year. I do refold anything I unfold, and if there's something that's fallen off a rack I'm looking at I'll pick it up, or if it's something in my path that's obviously going to get really dirty really fast I'll pick it up, but otherwise I don't. That's mostly because if I start it's hard to stop! I know how hard it is to work a busy ladies' department (or any other clothing department, or pretty much anywhere else in a store, for that matter), so I try to leave nothing behind me that needs fixing/folding/returning/whatever.

Also, in general, if I knock something down, I pick it up. If I decide I don't want it, it goes back where I found it. (Unlike whoever changed their mind about the watermelon I once found in lingerie, under a bra rack. That was oddly weird.) I'm polite and friendly to staff. I always tried to be, but after working retail, it's a really big deal to me.

And I've faced my wallet for years, long before I ever touched a register, though I've always thought of it as getting the bills in order. Now I'm going to have to start checking the register where I work, though we rarely have to do anything in the cash drawer; most transactions are credit, the rare check among them. If it's not right, I'm going to have to fix it, probably when my boss is at lunch so she doesn't think I'm insane!

Comment

If I'm shopping, I put things back neatly where I found them. Like, on hangers properly or on the correct shelf. The people and Lane Bryant want me to apply but they can't match what either of my current jobs pay me.

Comment

Working...
                X