This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOW they call me!

A while back I had my interviews with Sam's Club & was told that they would notify me in 60 days with their decision on IF they would hire me or not. Like I really was gonna sit on my ass for 2 months waiting for those bozos to call me.
    So I had my temp job extended till at least the end of the year & that was that. At least I thought so UNTIL today.
    My phone rings & I look at my caller ID ( I love that thing!) & I had to look twice at who it was. It was Sam's Club!! I didn't answer it. I figured I already have a job & Sam's Club can stick it up the old wazoo...lol.
    You snooze you lose...lol.

Don't you just love when potential places of employment get back to you in a less than timely manner?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

How serious can you be about hiring people if it's going to take you 60 days, anyway?
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My current employeer has so much red tape in the hirering process that it can take as long as 3 months to get hired.

I applied for a job that closed on June 30th. It was the middle of August before i heard anything at all from them. My first day on the job was sept 6th.

I lucked out that it only took 2. hehe
        http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
        Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Should have answered it and told them you'd let them know in 45 days whether or not you'd accept the job.
          GFY

Comment

In my last year at University, one of the places I applied to was the Armed Forces. Went through various (written) aptitude tests and the physical, but didn't hear back from them. Later, had an interview with a major transportation company, was accepted, graduated, and moved to the city where my new job was.

About a month in, family back home got a call and passed on the message - when I called back to turn down the offer from the Armed Forces, it was from my desk at work.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              How serious can you be about hiring people if it's going to take you 60 days, anyway?
              They were probably waiting for people to quit, it is a wal mart run company

seriously, 60 days? WTH? I was in orientation less then 2 weeks after filling out my application at wal mart

Comment

Quoth symposes View Post
                My current employeer has so much red tape in the hirering process that it can take as long as 3 months to get hired.

I applied for a job that closed on June 30th. It was the middle of August before i heard anything at all from them. My first day on the job was sept 6th.

I lucked out that it only took 2. hehe
                that's your employer, sams is run by the same company as wal mart, so it can't be THAT different, and wal mart will hire, and keep pretty much anyone that doesn't steal(and even then it takes awhile to get fired). *off topic* funny story about a manager thinking one of my co workers stole some soup or something. she made him show his receipt to her all the time, so eventually he got sick of it, and after awhile started asking over the walkie talkies "M do you want to see my receipt?" every time he bought some lunch LOL

Comment

Working...
                X