This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool, our own mini-megalith!

Some bricks had to be removed from the office wall a few weeks ago to get cabling run for Comcast (so we have a cable connection now--which is doubleplus good as the ebay picture server did not like our DSL--but there's a hole where critters can enter).

Someone, I know not who, has created a sort of "Brickhenge" on the floor in the corner (this was discovered when cleaning up a packing-peanut spill).

*is tempted to commandeer a few D&D minis and arrange them in the structure*
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

mini-mega...? Wouldn't that just be a 'lith' then?
    Hope the outdoors stays that way until the hole can be patch'edethed.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

The hole isn't actually to the outdoors, it's into the foundation (which could be bad enough, depending on what was living down there when the building was built). We've already found that it funnels water into the office if it's raining hard enough...dunno why nobody's patched it yet.

*is also tempted to entrench one of the D&D Colossal Dragon figures at the entrance of the hole, or otherwise decorate it to seem like a portal to an alternate dimension*

Comment

Is it sad that I've been around here long enough to have fully expected the title to be total sarcasm and in response to someone's unflushed "present"?
        "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          mini-mega...? Wouldn't that just be a 'lith' then?
          Hope the outdoors stays that way until the hole can be patch'edethed.
          No, it's a mini megalith paperweight. Buys for $9, sells for $16 at locations 1.0, 0.1A, 0.1B, and 0.2. And serious cookies (with ice cream, cherries, and the syrup toppings of your choice) if anyone can get the reference.

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
            Is it sad that I've been around here long enough to have fully expected the title to be total sarcasm and in response to someone's unflushed "present"?
            Well, the sewage pipes do run through the office *curses the genius who decided to do that*, so that may happen if someone flushes something they shouldn't

Comment

In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, an ancient race of people... the Druids. No one knows who they were or what they were doing...

Comment

Perhaps just a small blue liquid-filled vial labled "Drink Me"?
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                X