This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have nothing to do!

October is an extremely busy month for hotels here in Western North Carolina, what with people coming up for the weekend from big cities and towns all over the South. We've sold out every night for the past three weeks. Yesterday, I had more than 20 reservations to check in, plus about ten rooms to sell at the beginning of my shift and that shift ended up lasting 18 hours. Today's shift will last six hours. Most of those reservations from yesterday stayed over tonight, and when you add all the people who were staying even longer, the ten or so reservations that arrived today, and the six rooms we had to sell that weren't reserved, everything cleared itself up by about 7 o'clock this evening. I don't get off work until 11. This means that for the next three hours and odd-teen minutes, I have nothing to do unless a guest at this full hotel happens to find a severed head in a dresser drawer. To top it off, I've finished the second chapter of my novel and I'm done writing for the day.

I have only one thing to say to this.

Woot.

Thank you for reading. I'm going to watch television now.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

I'm glad you enjoyed your down time.

Unless someone DID find a severed head?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

No, nobody found anything severed, but a few people needed towels, a few more needed wake-up calls, and Tippy Hedron found The Birds.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Did they interrupt you during the best parts of your television watching?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X