This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch breaks

A while back there was a thread that had a mention of it being illegal for your employer to automatically lengthen a lunch break if it was less than a half hour. I've been trying to find it, but don't see it anywhere. Anybody remember the name of the act that makes that illegal? If nothing else, anybody know what I should do? I've gotten some documentation on this happening to me, just wondering what next step I should take.

Well, first off, we'd need a location, as laws between states differ, and laws in Canada are different than the States as well. Also, in most places that mention breaks in the laws, it's a minimum length. So even if you only went for 20, by law you're supposed to be gone for 30, whether you want to or not, and some companies will fire you for messing with the breaks so they aren't violating labour laws against their will.

If you've got the evidence already, check your local phone book, as there should be a listing for government numbers, and there will be something relating to labour or workforce. They'll be your absolute most accurate source of what to do next.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
    X