This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Used Reserved Cart

Yesterday, a customer called asking to have one of the handicapped carts reserved for him since he has trouble getting around on his own. I put the reserved sign up on one of the carts and went on break.

Later on, a customer got into the reserved cart completely ignoring the reserved sign. This customer actually needed the cart so I couldn't deny it to her.

The customer that reserved the cart came in and he wasn't happy that the cart wasn't there. I went to find out where the cart was and the customer that took it was still using it. I explained the situation to the store director, assistant store director, and customer. Eventually, the customer got a cart and one of the baggers helped him shop for his items.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

At least the customer that took it actually needed it... I get so sick of saying things to customers who clearly don't (it's ALWAYS kids or parents who let their kids use it) because it is incredibly unfair for those that do need it. There was an SC that came in once (she's a grade-A bitch) with her kid, and they were luckily in and out of the store within a few minutes. But as they were leaving she was telling the kid to get out of the chair/cart so that "others who need it can use it." If she actually believed that, she'd have LEFT it and not let her kid in it.

Comment

There are people who need such things but don't look like it - people who can walk fine for two minutes or five minutes or ten minutes, but not long enough to shop.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

So it was a damned if you do.. damned if you don't... I don't happen to see the suck in this.

Comment

Which was why it's in here and not in sucky customers... I think the customer that took the reserved trolley was sucky, cuz it was reserved. Would she go to a restaurant and plonk herself down at a reserved table as well?
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Oh, agreed. If it was me, I'd plonk myself down and wait. Not having the sense to reserve something in short supply doesn't give me a right to take it from someone who did.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Yep. The lady who took it should have been the one getting assistance. The poor gentleman thought ahead to make his life and the life of the workers a bit easier. At least it got worked out without suck though, which is nice.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
              X