This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about a coincidence

A man in his 70s with a Polish accent came in today, it was a bit slow so we taked for a while.

My grandparents came to Australia as post-WWII refugees. So did this customer.

They arrived in Sydney on New Years Day 195-something, so did the customer.

turns out it was the same boat too.

Even more coincidence... "It says (anglo-sounding name) on my credit card, but it's really (Polish name). There were three more (Polish name)s on that boat, I'm not related to them though."

my reply: "I know, they were my grandparents and my father."

Although I have a different last name, Dad change it to something Polish-sounding but pronouncable by your average Australian.

That is VERY cool.
    Especially because there was this connection you had with this gentleman, and you could easily not have known it.

Comment

Hey, cool.
      I'm Polish
      Music: Last.fm
      Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

I learned I am, too, and with everything else that includes Native American and most of Europe.

Some years back I was walking down the side of New Hampshire road after travelling for miles (for no real reason) and desided to lay down in a field and rest. Well, I learend from the paramedics that some passing motorists thought I was injured. Now, cue a few years later in Texas and I end up in the service of paramedics again. Turns out one of the guys there in Texas was also there years before.
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Working...
        X