Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Do you know who I am?' Ugh...dealing with vacation tour companies sucks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Do you know who I am?' Ugh...dealing with vacation tour companies sucks...

I guess you could say that I work with this person, but I don't really? Either way, the person needs to check herself in a hurry.

One of the things that I'm quickly coming to dislike are tour companies. Especially ones run by entitlement whores who lie through their teeth to my boss. Despite the fact that I fixed the fuck-up that a coworker caused by making a reservation for the wrong year and the bitch not catching it on her end when she received the email confirmation WITH THE WRONG DATES in the first place.

It didn't matter that I got the guests checked in and everything else. This bitch wanted to know WHY she received a confirmation for the reservation yet there was no room available for the guests when they arrived yesterday, and why they were told that it was for the wrong room type, blah blah blah. Any time I tried to explain what happened she would talk over me. And the attitude? Yeah, it's already well known that I have very little tolerance for assholes, and I will admit that after about ten minutes of her demanding answers before I could do a deep dive that I gave her a bit of attitude back. Nowhere near the level she was giving me. Especially when she came out with 'Do you know who I am?' Yes, ma'am, I do, and I'm explaining to you that *I* fixed the issue yesterday and the guests were happy with the end results, and I have no idea why they called you and said that they didn't receive the right room type or anything else. 'I'm going to call <big boss>' click.

I'd already touched base with the big boss this morning about the issue with the reservation and that it was resolved in-house upon the guests arrival last night. Until the bitch called my big boss and lied through her teeth. Apparently I started out really rude on the phone and was speaking over her, and all that stuff. It is known that I have very low tolerance for incredibly rude people so the big boss was at a loss for how to proceed as she assumed that the bitch was telling the truth due to my past history - I admitted that after she refused to listen to anything I had to say that I did get a bit short with her, but to take into consideration that the missus is known for her shitty attitude regardless of who she speaks to at the hotel before flying off the handle at me. Yes, I put it much nicer than that when speaking to the big boss, of course.

Then I researched the issue...and while it was one of our employees that put in the wrong date in the first place, the tour company bitch should have checked the confirmation email she received in the first place as this could all have been fixed back in February. She dropped the ball just as much as we did. Which may explain why she went off on me today, but there is still no excuse for it. Frankly, I'm of the opinion that if the owner of a tour company feels that it's okay to treat any hotel staff member like shit that they can take their business elsewhere. It's the hotel staff that can make or break a tour company's business - treat us with respect and we'll treat you with the same respect.

Further, I cancelled the reservation that was made for next year, and it auto-generated an email...to the tour company bitch. Who then sent a response asking why it was cancelled when the guests are already checked-in. I very nicely pointed out that I cancelled this particular reservation because it was for 2023, as stated in the dates showing for the cancellation in the first place. I haven't received a response to that yet, but I did give the big boss a head's up about it just in case.

It may be a good thing that I'm not the big boss myself because I'd likely have told the tour company bitch what she could do with herself...

Clearly, someone should.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I may suggest to the big boss that it would be a great idea for us to start recording all calls, especially for issues like this. I did let her know that I'm not paid enough to tolerate being treated like dirt by people, regardless of who they think they are, and if she wants to attract good staff and keep them that she needs to start putting assholes in their place. Especially when there are hotels locally whose starting wage is higher than I currently make as an AGM. And the AGM title looks damn good on a resume so I doubt I'd be out of a job long if I were to quit the next time this sort of bullshit happens.

Comment

Working...
      X