How can they not print from a pdf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can they not print from a pdf?

We've been having an issue with one of the title companies we work with. They almost never print our documents on the correct size paper. We send them a pdf of the documents straight off our loan software. Nice, clean documents. None of that fuzziness you get from scanning in printouts. The pdf a combination of letter- and legal-size pages, but Acrobat has a handy button on its print dialogue that says "choose paper source by PDF page size." Either the title company doesn't use Acrobat, or they've never noticed that button before. We usually get our documents back all printed on letter-size paper. It makes the font smaller, which could be an issue with examiners.

Lately, I've been telling the title company to either "choose paper source by PDF page size" or print all the documents on legal-size paper. One of the closers did ok. Everything came back on legal-size paper. The pages that should have been letter-size had extra white space on the bottom, and I'm ok with that.

Another closer this week, though... the pages that were supposed to be letter size were fine. The application was the typical legal-size page squished down to letter size. The note and the mortgage... didn't make any sense. They're on legal-size paper, but everything is squished down to letter-size space with an empty white area at the bottom. The only thing I can figure is they printed these legal-size documents on letter-size paper, then laid them on the copier and copied them onto legal-size paper. The text is tiny and a bit fuzzy.

Why would you do that? Once you realized they didn't print right, wouldn't you go back to the original document and reprint them? :facepalm:
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Some brick-snitter has the second tray loaded with their personal "King of All I Survey" letterhead.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
    X