All sorts of interesting news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All sorts of interesting news

1. Our team is doing well according to our corporate people. Our little team, average 10 people, has reduced the amount owed to our company significantly. Now, we have all kinds of categories of what's owed to us, including how many days, so this is a very specific example, but I'm sharing. We have been a department for 3 years. In just our contracted leases we have reduced the amount from $4.8 million to about $300,000. It took 3 years but it shows how much we've grown in our efficiency and hard work. And that category is ONLY the things that are more than 360 days past due. There are allll the other amount of days "buckets" just in lease alone, and then non-lease is a whole different thing. If I had all the numbers, the total amount owed, it would be a better picture. Anyway, Boss is bursting at the seams with pride.

2. We're getting new laptops and docking ports. The port I have requires me to plop my computer on top of it and it has to set off the edge of the back of the desk. I can't move my desk to my opposite wall right now because of that; no room. I have to stay in the hot window. I am more excited about a new. much smaller port than new laptop but yeah, we need both.

3. The Director is looking for a new office for us. Nothing is confirmed but we know he's looking. The place he likes holds 28 desks. There are 150 of us in our division. Our current office holds 450 so it doesn't make sense anymore. But 150 to 28? Your first thought may be "uh oh" but no, we are all needed. I think the plan is to keep it flexible and have people continue to work from home. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I assume I'd be at home; there are people who have to be in the office and I'm not one of them. Nothing is set in stone but I feel like getting rid of that albatross is a good idea overall. A couple building they are looking at are closer to me.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

The cost of renting spaces is never going away, and renting a space that's way too big is just throwing money down the drain. It makes sense to rent a much smaller space and let as many of you work from home as possible, while still affording the option to come in if necessary (either from their or the workers' perspective.) Wouldn't surprise me if the rental saving was part of what is making purchasing the new computing equipment possible.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
    X