Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Er ... you're joking, right? Right ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Er ... you're joking, right? Right ... ?

I'm always surprised by the number of people who pay with cash (especially when we're talking about people with $300+ worth of foods ....)

Had one customer come through and pay with cash.

Me: "Yeah, I keep saying I've gotta stop using plastic so much and go back to using cash."

Customer: "Yes! You don't want to give them a way to track us!"
    She walks away.

Me:
    I'd like to think she was joking but ... who knows ....
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

To give her a little bit of credit, Credit Card companies and retail outlets CAN (and often do) use CC transactions, tied to what was purchased, for data purposes, and often times that data gets marketed and sold.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

She was correct. Debits cards are traceable. Cash is a lot harder.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

But, the little strip in cash is actually a tracker! I'm kidding of course but if the govt. wanted to track people there are ways they could do it with bills too I'm sure.

Comment

Not that kind of tracking. Unless the customer is also using a rewards card there's no link between them taking money out of the bank, and what that money has been used to purchase.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

True about your purchases with electronic payment being trackable. I think I've just been reading too many conspiracy theories, LOL. When I hear "THEY'RE TRACKING US!!!" I tend to think of the most extreme interpretations of that phrase.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Why would waste their time tracking me instead of someone important?
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

But since we all have 5G tracking chips courtesy of the vaccine ....

/s
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Why would waste their time tracking me instead of someone important?
                  Same. I'm no one important, so why not track someone else that lives a more interesting life than mine?
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
                  X