Hours are being cut at my job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hours are being cut at my job

Starting next week hours are being cut at my job.

There is a full-time fuel center lead
    A part-time assistant fuel center lead
    And 2 fuel center associates, me and another associate who works from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. during the week since he has a fulltime job

I and the other associates hours are being cut, but the assistant fuel center leads hours are not even though he is classified as part-time

The assistant fuel center lead is getting 40 hours this coming week

I am working a 3 hours shift on Monday

The total number of hours I am working have been cut by 5 hours

Is it really worth working a 3 hour shift?

Nope. I you haven't started looking, do so.

You have a fair chunk of experience in fuel centers. Start with the others local gas stations.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
      Is it really worth working a 3 hour shift?
      It depends on how close you live to the worksite. With fuel prices the way they are, I would find a negative answer to your query easy to believe, even if you get an employee discount.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Generally, the answer is no, unless you really have nothing else to do that day, or earn three figures an hour.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I found out from 1) a couple of my co-workers, 2) the fuel center lead, and 3) a department lead who works in a different department at the location it is against company policy to schedule any employee a 3 hour shift.

The fuel center lead 1) makes the work schedule every week, 2) send it to the Customer Service Manager at the front end who enters it into the system, and 3) the HR Assistant Manager who works at the location all of us work at reviews the work schedule and makes any changes.

So, the HR Assistant Manager changed my Monday shift to 3 hours, which is against company policy.

I was told by the fuel center lead and the other department lead to work my 8 hour shift on Monday, which I did

Comment

You're in the US, yes?

Is there a minimum length of shift set by the state you live in? Most states it is three hours, but it might be more in a couple.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
              You're in the US, yes?

Is there a minimum length of shift set by the state you live in? Most states it is three hours, but it might be more in a couple.
              I do not know the minimum for the state I live in, but according to company policy, I need to work 4 hours or more

Comment

Working...
              X