Grumbling about buses in my city -_-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumbling about buses in my city -_-

So, I'm working an overnight shift at the gas station/convenience store. Shift starts at 11pm, and the co-worker who is off at 11 also relies on the bus to get to and from work. And the buses here are notorious for not running on time. So, in order to guarantee I'll get to work on time I have to take a bus that will get me there and hour and three minutes early...the next one would get me there three minutes early and also make my coworker have to wait around for the next bus that would only get him halfway home. Yes, it means I will be clocking in early enough for him to catch the bus - I do get paid from the time I clock in, thankfully. But it also makes for a very long night for me. Especially when I couldn't sleep enough to prepare for tonight's shift.

This sort of thing is why when I had my overnight stocking job at a grocery store here in town that I took a taxi or just started an hour earlier if my boss was okay with it. I can't do that with this job, unfortunately. Looks like I have lots of coffee in my future...
Working...
X