Need to know how to use a lotto machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to know how to use a lotto machine

I work at a fuel center for a *major grocery store chain*, and there is a lotto machine inside the fuel center kiosk that we are “supposed” to use for customers 1) wanting to play lotto or 2) redeem lotto tickets

However, I was never trained on how to use the lotto machine, and there is no training manual either

But all of us are expected to know how to use the lotto machine

Is there anyone who can help me

Unplug the machine. Tell people it is out of order. When someone comes to fix it, have them show you how to use it.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Get a box full of ping pong balls with different numbers on. Attach it to a vacuum cleaner.When they choose their selection, turn on the vacuum and blow the balls around wildly* before telling them they have lost and seizing their dollar

*those in the box not those belonging to the customer*
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        Get a box full of ping pong balls with different numbers on. Attach it to a vacuum cleaner.When they choose their selection, turn on the vacuum and blow the balls around wildly* before telling them they have lost and seizing their dollar

*those in the box not those belonging to the customer*
        They might get more dollars doing the footnote way.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'm used the ones in Canada - they really aren't too difficult. Most of them have a hand-held scanner that you can use to read the bar codes on the tickets for both printed and scratch tickets, and then the machine will indicate if the ticket is a winner or not. The machines up here make two different noises depending on if you've got a winning or losing ticket, and it will print out a confirmation slip for each ticket. On the main screen, you should see something about the different instant lotto games available to be sold - when a customer tells you what game they want to play you'd then touch that icon on the screen to be taken into another screen that will give you options to select for whatever combination of boards, add-ons, etc....where I'm located the add-ons are things like Twist, Tag, and Atlantic 49, and I know that other provinces have different provincial '49' games.

On the Canadian lotto corp machines there are several other on-screen buttons you can select, depending on what you're trying to do. For example, if the hand scanner isn't working to read tickets there is usually a 'validation' button you can select where it will take you to a screen to manually enter in the numerical code on the ticket, especially for printed tickets. Or, if you sell scratch tickets and you need to activate a pack of them prior to selling them, there is an on-screen button that will allow you to do that too.

My advice is to just press buttons to see what comes up - if you accidentally print a ticket that you didn't mean to you should be able to void that ticket out. Once upon a time, I actually took in-store training with a BC Lotto corp trainer on how to use the machines, but that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore anywhere in Canada - back in the day you had to have this training before you'd be allowed to sell anything via the machine. Now, however, it's usually done at store level with another employee, if you're lucky. Try googling 'lotto machine training <your state/province>' and see what you might find. At the very least you should get a basic gist of how to use it.

Comment

Working...
          X