EOY Statement Annoyance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOY Statement Annoyance

I guess since I've been doing all the escrow stuff (distributions, maintenance, etc.), the folks at the main branch decided I should be the one to stuff the end-of-year escrow statements in envelopes and mail them out. It shouldn't be a big deal, since there's only about 400 of them. But there's some annoying things about it, hence this post.

The statements aren't formatted so they can just be put in window envelopes. No, that would be too easy. Instead, we have to print separate address labels for the envelopes. The labels don't print in alphabetical order, though. They print in CIF (customer information file) order. The CIF starts with the first initial of the customer's last name, so they're in that order, but they're not in alphabetical order. So you have to search through the labels looking for the customer to match up to the statement, which are in alphabetical order, so that's something at least. The other issue with the labels is that the system only prints labels for existing customers. If the customer paid off their loan this year, we still have to send them a statement, but there's no matching address label. So for those, I have to type up an envelope.

We also don't have a paper folding machine, so I have to tri-fold all of these statements by hand.

I'll get it done, but it's super annoying. This could have taken half the time if we had a machine to fold the statements and they fit into window envelopes. Oh, and self-sealing envelopes would be nice. I refuse to lick this many envelopes, so I'm using a "moistener pencil" - basically a water-filled straw with a sponge on one end. The sponge leaves little bits of itself on each envelope, but I don't really care.

"I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan
Working...
X