Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't be on your phone while taking a nursing test!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be on your phone while taking a nursing test!

Had this email exchange with a customer this morning:

Her: Can I come in before noon today? I want to get started on that loan application.
    Me: Sure, as long as you make it before noon. I'm out this afternoon.
    Her: Ok I'll let you know. I'm taking my CNA test right now we'll see when it gets done.

WTF is wrong with her? On her phone while taking a test that will determine the next part of her career.

I didn't respond after that. I didn't want to give her another reason to look at her phone during the test. I don't get some people.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Oh, what a picnic my mother would've had with her. Mom was a nursing home charge nurse, and a C. N. A. who didn't do her job was open game . . .
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

When she came in later on, she said she'd already failed her CNA test once. On the one hand, I want to give her some leeway because she's only 20, but OTOH, if she wants to pass this test, she needs to pay attention to what she's doing! What kind of a crappy CNA is she going to be if she's constantly looking at her phone?

ETA: Her voicemail message is a clip of The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars. <facepalm>
      Last edited by Ghel; 01-25-2023, 02:25 PM.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Surprising she didn't get booted out of the test on suspicion of cheating.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

As someone who may be needing nursing services at certain points of my life, I'd much rather a phone-addicted scatter-brain ...NOT be part of my care team.

Comment

Working...
          X