US proposed digital currency needs snappy name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US proposed digital currency needs snappy name

The US Treasury is working on a proposed "central bank digital currency" or CBDC. They're currently researching it, or whatever. Getting input on whether it's a good idea or not. My view is that, if the CBDC is the same value as a US dollar, then we've already got that. The vast majority of currency held by people and companies is just a line on a spreadsheet. If the two are separate, then you have to worry about exchange rates and all that kind of nonsense.

If they want people to buy in to this concept of a digital currency, it needs a snappy name. Maybe something like "e-dollar"? Does anybody have a better idea of what to name it? Maybe "Sam Bucks" (for Uncle Sam)?
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Don't leave it to the Great British Public. You'll end up with a coin called Bucky McBuckFace
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

What an absolutely pointless idea and waste of money.

McDollars
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

If you thought the howls of SCs trying to pay with a card when the card system is down are bad, wait until this becomes A Thing... I predict Bitcoin-style scandals and abuses. How is Miami's foray into this arena paying off?
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Yankee Doodle Dollars? You could abreviate it to "yanks"...
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

"Schrute Bucks".
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
            X