No announcement yet.

What are these things you call 'rules'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these things you call 'rules'?

I believe I mentioned a while ago that management is suddenly stepping hard on any kind of 'freebie' for customers. One of the things that has been banished ... we used to be able to give Kinder Eggs to the children. Not by the truckload but you know, a few each day, if that many. Not allowed to do that anymore at all.

So the other day I had two women and a little girl in my line ... I'm guessing grandma, mom and daughter. For some reason (I can't remember why anymore) I decided to give the little girl a free Kinder Egg is it was okay with the adults, and to hell with the company.

So I did. Adults were okay with it and the little girl was thrilled.

And the real irony? She and her mom were from the U.S. (I'm in Canada) -- where Kinder Eggs are apparently illegal.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Quoth Pixelated View Post
    She and her mom were from the U.S. (I'm in Canada) -- where Kinder Eggs are apparently illegal.
    Traditional Kinder Joy eggs are illegal here, but they eventually figured out a workaround: One half of the container has candy, while the other, separate half has the toy. It wouldn't surprise me if there's less candy overall, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	kinder eggs us version.jpg Views:	0 Size:	187.2 KB ID:	2079290
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It's ridiculous because it's no less of a choking hazard that the originals... And I have no idea what kind of candy that's supposed to be but yeah, it definitely looks much less than an actual chocolate egg.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

That photo is a little deceptive inthat it does not show a clear picture of the candy. A better picture is on the Kinder web site. Here is a description of the candy.

KINDER JOY® is a delicious treat made of two soft cream layers – one sweet milk-cream flavored and one cocoa flavored. Nestled into the creamy layers are two round, chocolate-covered wafer bites that are filled with sweet cocoa cream, to be eaten with the included spoon.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
        X