What the--AUGH.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the--AUGH.

I'm fairly tall, but occasionally need to boost myself up on the freezer cases to get something at the back of the top shelf. I was shopping an order yesterday morning (luckily I was using the paper printout, so there was no timer running) and needed to do this; I open the freezer, grab the top of the case with one hand and step up on the lower lip. Which I have done hundreds of times with no problems.

I put my hand in a glue trap (what the everloving hell was a glue trap doing on top of the case?). Luckily only my fingertips made contact. Even more luckily there was nothing on the trap but dust. I was able to extricate myself pretty smoothly (likely due to the dust buildup), but used half a bottle of my natural hand sanitizer to get the glue off so I could actually touch stuff with that hand (I did confuse a coworker by sticking two markers on one fingertip and they stayed there...).

Apparently I had gotten some glue on my desk surface without noticing; one of the cool supervisors texted me about an hour after I left with "P was trying to move some stuff on your desk and his hand's stuck!"
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

You're a walking mousetrap! Just spreading glue everywhere.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

EWWWWW ...
      Although I confess I use something similar during fly season. I put window "sticky strips" on my computer monitor and during the night, with the only light coming from said monitor, it does a great job of catching any flies that get into the house.
      Luckily I very VERY rarely make contact with the sticky part.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

A few of us are convinced that someone put it up there to be a dick--P knows that I climb the shelf sometimes. The produce and grocery managers had no idea that trap was up there (neither of them would have any reason to do that, so the suspect pool is narrowed by a lot). I've also seen customers do the same thing I do...part of me is wishing that an SC had gotten stuck.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X