Out, out, damned website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out, out, damned website!

I've been off work for a couple of weeks after some minor surgery. I've told them I am available again as of Aug. 14. Tonight I went to check our online schedule "just because" and ... I've been locked out.

This website is normally a real PITA but it had been working fine for a while. I know you can get locked out if you don't try to get onto the site for a certain length of time, but I'm pretty sure two or three weeks doesn't constitute "a certain length of time." So now I have to call tomorrow and ask who I contact to fix this. And if it's not fixed, I have to let them know to call me and let me know when my first shift back is. Because I'm sure not driving all the way out there to spend two minutes looking at the hard copy of the schedule.

I should add that it's not terribly urgent; the schedule is made up two weeks ahead of time, which means the schedule that goes up tomorrow will have been put together before they got my notification of my return date, so it's extremely unlikely I'll be on it. This is something I expected. It's just bloody aggravating that I can't get on the site at ALL.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

So I call the number to get back into my work account.

After half an hour, I had gotten nowhere.

They asked a bunch of questions that made sense, and then went in to questions that didn't. When they got to asking me what was the last breakfast my great-grandmother had, I gave up.

Okay, I made that up. But it was hitting that level of annoying. I actually gave up when they told me they had to send my temporary password to my supervisor at what was the [Company] email address.

Why the hell would I know that?? If I'm calling out sick, I CALL out sick; I don't send an email. I have absolutely no reason to have my supervisor's workplace email.

I made an annoyed phone call to the store and got an email address. Gonna try again Monday.
    Last edited by Pixelated; 08-12-2023, 05:45 AM.
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Technological advances are always really more like technological regressions.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        I actually gave up when they told me they had to send my temporary password to my supervisor so what was their [work] email address/
        That is actually a very good security measure.

But they should have the email address...

Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'm sorry all this is happening. It's the last thing you need.
          Also, as an aside, I adore you.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
            Technological advances are always really more like technological regressions.
            Definitely are in this case. I still haven't gotten the situation straightened out, but that's mostly because I haven't bothered trying again. I'm just checking the hard copy of the schedule at work.

Quoth csquared View Post
            That is actually a very good security measure.

But they should have the email address...
            I did in fact get two e-mail addresses: one from a supervisor and one that I guess is a generic e-mail address that the store manager and assistant manager have access to.

I just haven't done anything with them yet.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            I'm sorry all this is happening. It's the last thing you need.
            Also, as an aside, I adore you.
            It's certainly annoying, but it's also very much "on brand" for this company

And thank you!

~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
            X