Need help regarding break signage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help regarding break signage

I work as a fuel center lead at a fuel center that is owned and managed by a *major grocery chain*, and I need help regarding signage for breaks

We are supposed to get a 30 minute break according to our employer when we work an 8 hour shift

There are a total 4 fuel center clerks who work at the fuel center, and most of the time we work an 8 hour shift

The problem is that the majority of the time there is not coverage for breaks because store management does not provide that

I have been working there since 2020, and I can count on one hand the number of times someone has relieved me for a break

Customers have complained when we put a sign in the window when we leave the fuel center for approximately 20 minutes for a break

Customers have given us a hard time for doing that

How should the signage be worded letting customers know that we do get a break?
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 10-02-2023, 11:25 PM.

"Once again, Management has failed to provide coverage for the fuel center during our mandated break. If you have been inconvenienced by this, please call 800-###-####. Store Number XXXXX"

In all seriousness, no sign that you put up will improve the situation. It would provide nothing more than an excuse, and an excuse does not fix the problem.

I might suggest making a complaint to the Fire Marshal. I am not aware of a single state that does not require an attendant be present during all hours of operation. Someone has to be present to hit the emergency cutoff switch. That should be viewed as a major safety violation.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
    X