Weird Noise at Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Noise at Work

Yesterday and today, there’s been an intermittent weird noise that seems to be coming from the hot water heat radiator attached to the wall in my office. The pipe for the heat continues into BM’s office, so when I first heard it, I stepped into his office, and we could hear it in there, too. It kind of sounds like a water pic - kind of a pulsing, steamy noise. Not very loud, but noticeable. BM went to check the furnace (hot water heater, really) and didn’t hear it there. So he decided it wasn’t a big deal and we shouldn’t worry about it. And to a certain extent I agree with him. It’s probably just air in the pipes bouncing around a bit, and if we hired someone to bleed the air out of the pipes it would probably stop. I think that was last done 20 years ago.

But my brain refuses to stop there. I remember stories, both real and fictional, where burglars dig under a bank and drill through the wall to get in and steal all the things. OTOH, if it were a drill I was hearing, they must not know the layout of the bank very well, because the vault is on the other side of the bank. lol
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

From what you have said about how your branch is managed, it wouldn't surprise me at all if burglars drilled into the wrong side of the bank. Not at all.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      From what you have said about how your branch is managed, it wouldn't surprise me at all if burglars drilled into the wrong side of the bank. Not at all.
      After all, they had "inside" information!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yeah, it sounds like the radiators need bleeding. No biggie.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I often make steamy pulsating noises
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
          X