Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Store management is pissed off regarding opening staff not restocking 2 merchandisers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store management is pissed off regarding opening staff not restocking 2 merchandisers

The closing manager told me the following when he came to the fuel center to do his closing duties

The merchandiser located at fuel pumps 1 & 2 and at 5 & 6 have not been restocked by the openers

Those merchandisers store prodcuts such as motor oil, anti freeze, windshield wiper fluid and so on

*I have been told by one of the fuel center clerks that he has ordered products for those merchandisers in the past, but they never arrive*

*According to the district manager and the manager over the fuel center, we are not to do that, which I already let the fuel center clerk know that. I let him know that in June after speaking to the manager over the fuel center.*

I told that manager the following...
    • The manager over the fuel center has me closing most of the time
    • I rarely open
    • The other 2 employees have been opening
    • Aapparently they are not doing that part of their job
    • I would do that job if I opened, but manager of the fuel center needs to schedule me to open
    • I would rather open that close most of the time
    According to the closing manager last night several VIP's are supposed to inspect the fuel center on 11/15

He asked me if I open that day, and I told him no

He then told me to leave a note for the opener to restock the 2 merchandisers

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
    According to the closing manager last night several VIP's are supposed to inspect the fuel center on 11/15
    Dis gonna be good.

As for the openers not doing the restock, you know the drill.
    Document
    Document
    Document
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

They want your place to fail.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Looks like the other shoe is preparing to drop in this drama. Just need to see who it falls on.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I opened today 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.

But I could not do my main responsibility of doing my daily count *which is an inventory count* and replenishment in the morning because there were no hand helds available

Apparently all of the hand helds were missing

I even went into the main grocery store to find a manager so he could see if he could find one, and he could not

There were no hand helds upstairs in the store managers office

I did not get a hand held until after 8 a.m.

That was when one of the assistant managers called the fuel center to let me know that one was available

The store manager wanted me to scan all the holes regarding the products that are sold at the fuel center, and there are plenty of holes in addition to my daily count

I was finished with my daily count and replenishment at roughly 11:20 a.m. because there was a lot to do

I should have been finished a lot earlier, but due to no hand helds available when I clocked in nor at 7:15 a.m., it took me much longer to do my main responsibilities.

Comment

So.... Nothing being restocked, no records of the gaps in that stock, no stock being ordered... What exactly is the manager for that section doing?! This is definitely going places.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

My husband wants me to work mornings instead of closing

There are 2 other fuel center clerks working there

From what the other 2 fuel center clerks tell me I get the sense that they really do not want to be there for the following reason as well as other reasons

At the beginning of this month 3 big merchandisers were delivered to our fuel center

Our employer wants us to sell products for your car such as transmission fluid and so on, snacks, bottled water, cases of bottled water, and all kinds of bottled drinks

According to our employer, every manned fuel center gets these merchandisers

Basically the fuel center looks like a convenience store on the outside

So the morning duties have tripled regarding my daily count/inventory count and replenishment, yet there is only 3 of us working there

That is in addition to helping customers and the other duties that go with working there

One of them would rather work mid shift or closing, but he is stuck working mornings

He and I were talking earlier this week, and he told me that he wants to leave before his 10 year anniversary next year

I get the sense that he does not care if the fuel center is short handed if and when he leaves

At least I can look for a job and interview for one while working the closing shift

Comment

Working...
              X