Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaaand the store itself is donating what, exactly ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaand the store itself is donating what, exactly ... ?

We have a post up at my store about a family (apparently one of our coworkers) that needs EVERYTHING -- food, gift cards, you name it. I don't know the details ... fire that destroyed everything, maybe?

And I'm dying to ask somebody what THE STORE is contributing to this most worthy effort.

I'm reluctant to put this under "Morons in Management" or anything similar because at this point, for all I know, the store might actually BE donating something. But I don't think I'd bet the rent money on it.

Probably right about that, Pixel. As likely as not that's just another workplace collection.
    Kind of brings to mind a SXCW who we nicknamed "Collection Cora" every time word got around about a CW hospitalized, a relative dying or a retirement, she was there to take up a collection. None of the beneficiaries were known to see those funds.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      Probably right about that, Pixel. As likely as not that's just another workplace collection.
      Kind of brings to mind a SXCW who we nicknamed "Collection Cora" every time word got around about a CW hospitalized, a relative dying or a retirement, she was there to take up a collection. None of the beneficiaries were known to see those funds.
      Jeez! I hope people wised up fairly quickly and stopped donating!

I think the family in "my" store will get whatever's collected but it still angers me. Background story: the woman has had shoulder surgery but it didn't "take." So she has to have another surgery. Whatever she was living on has run out; hence the collection.

And as I said, I'm quite sure this multi-billion-dollar corporation, whose profits went up 12% last year, is not going to step in in any meaningful way.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        Jeez! I hope people wised up fairly quickly and stopped donating!
        Oh we did. She got all defensive when we all refused. CC denied keeping the money of course

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
        X