I want to be festive but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to be festive but...

I don't really like my coworkers. The past few years have been pretty bumpy for my store. With the pandemic to staff changes things just have been kinda meh for the holidays. Finally, this year we have good group (mostly) that want to do stuff for Christmas. They haven't mentioned it yet but I really don't want to do a Secret Santa. I just don't like my coworkers enough to spend money on them.

But I think I have an idea that might be fun. A customer came in and said her family is doing on ugly ornament exchange. I was thinking people sign up, get an ornament, wrap it up. Then on Christmas Eve, everyone brings in their ornament. Then number the ornaments, pick a number and take that ornament. I figure that would take out all the personal feelings towards it. I was going to run by one of the managers and see what they think. Yeah, I work retail and it can be pretty miserable at times but I still enjoy parts of it.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Careful, Trixie, you may have just volunteered to coordinate this whole thing.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      Careful, Trixie, you may have just volunteered to coordinate this whole thing.
      Kind of like the Utah Phillips tale "Moose Turd Pie" ....
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"Sure is good, though!"
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I absolutely love that idea. We don't do a "Secret Santa" at my place -- and may we never start! -- but if somebody did think of it, I'd be happy to substitute this in its place.

Comment

Working...
          X