I need help deciding what new job is best for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help deciding what new job is best for me

I am currently looking for a better job.

I have been working in retail since 2016.

I am currently the fuel center lead.

My job responsibilites are the following...
    • complete beginning of shift and end of shift audit report
    • submit work orders and input fuel deliveries
    • retag the shelves with updated price tags and scan products using hand held scanner
    • mentor, monitor and lead fuel center associates
    • delegate tasks

I also worked as a contract file clerk, office associate and data entry clerk

The last time I worked in an office was in 2005 as a file clerk/general office clerk.

I want to get out of working retail

I want a job with consistent hours.

What jobs should I apply for?

While you want to get out of retail, leveraging your "lead" status and looking for another fuel center job may be you best bet. Maybe do that short term to get out of the toxic environment that you are currently in.

Check out Pharmacy Tech classes at your local Community College. Usually, they are fairly short in duration and not very expensive. Note: You need to have a clean criminal record. You will be standing in one place for long periods (The Wife couldn't handle that part).

Stop by your local temp Agency. Talk with them about the jobs that they are filling. You don't have to sign up with them, just talk with them.

Be careful of the work from home data entry scams that are going on. I keep seeing adds for Delta, United and Disney. These are all scams. Go to their web sites and check the jobs listing. There are no listings for remote data-entry. Snopes.com has verified it.

I heard this suggestion from the owner of a trade company. They usually have lots of highly paid technicians. they are paid too much to want them to waste their time doing grunt work. Go in and ask if they want to hire a gopher.

Good luck!
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Since i started working at the fuel center in 2020, there has been a collection of plastic silverware under the register.

There is a shelf under the register where the plastic silverware was kept.

According to the fuel center opener yesterday, there was a power outage during the opening shift on Friday this past week.

i was the fuel center closer yesterday.

The fuel center clerk who worked the opening shift yesterday worked the closing shift on Friday this past week.

He told me that the fuel center opener for Friday told him the following when he got to work on Friday...
      • there was a power outage during her shift, and she freaked out when that happened
      • she called the store using her cell phone and spoke to the assistant store manager on duty
      • the assistant store manager called the drug/general merchandise department manager to have her go to the fuel center
      • the drug/general merchandise manager saw the collection of plastic silverware underneath the register and told the opener to throw all of it away

Why, I do not know.

Comment

Working...
      X