• Could the customer suck members critique my resume

I would like the customers suck members to critique my resume

I would like my resume to be in active voice instead of passive voice

I would like my resume to be the best representation of me as an employee

I do not want to job hunt until my resume is revised

WORK EXPERIENCE

Kroger 2016 to Present
    Front-end cashier & fuel center lead since 6/23
    • Address customer concerns and direct customers as to where products are in the store
    • Store manager and Assistant store manager recommended me for the job of fuel center lead
    • Complete beginning of shift and end of shift audit report
    • Submit work orders and input fuel deliveries
    • Re-tag the shelves with updated price tags and scan products using handheld scanner
    • Mentor, monitor, train, and lead fuel center associates, delegate tasks

Central Parking/SP Plus Parking, Houston, TX 2003 to 2015
    Porter
    • Maintained garages and surface lot assigned to clean on daily basis by following what is on maintenance checklist
    • Assisted customers with their problems at entrance gate, exit gate or pay machine
    Parking Attendant
    • Gave customer parking ticket, collected parking fee, and completed money count slip at end of shift
    • Verified if customer’s name or the event customer is attending is one of the events on the Outlook calendar during reserved events
    • Communicated with customers regarding fee and where to pay at
    • Addressed customer concerns
    Cashier at other locations and at special events

ABILITIES
    • Strong organizational, written, communication, interpersonal, and listening skills
    • Optimistic, perceptive, intuitive, focused, conscientious, initiative-taking, dependable, interdependent, collaborative, flexible, competent, productive, diligent, ethical, self-disciplined, self-sufficient, and dedicated employee
    • I thrive in and contribute to supportive and collaborative atmospheres and with structure and purposeful tasks, I do not thrive in a micromanaging work culture
    • Familiar with HIPAA and medical terminology
    • Familiar with Medware and Medisoft, Outlook, Windows, Access, PowerPoint, Word, the Internet, familiar with using Zoom on a computer and with Microsoft teams
    • Used Microsoft Excel to enter alphanumeric data and formulate spreadsheets, used Microsoft Word to compose correspondence
    • Scanned documents, type 40 words per minute, entered in-patient acute, rehab, and skilled nursing admits into computerized system and processed home healthcare referrals, and sorted spreadsheet data, added patient information to file records, creating new patient files, and sorting patient information

EDUCATION

Houston Community College, Houston, TX
    Working towards Health Information Technology degree

OK I'll give it a crack for you and see what I can come up with. Whereabouts in Houston are y'all? I have a lot of contacts in Katy/Sugar Land etc. who might be looking for a worker bee-I can certainly put the tentacles out. I know your education system is different to ours but if you have excellent SAT scores( I think that's right?) I'd put them in too. I would also maybe just add a paragraph or two about outside interests- what do you get up to when you're not working for the mighty $-that can also help show skills and proficiencies that are useful in a work environment.
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Overall, I think it looks really good! Apologies if I'm a bit harsh with this; I'm used to copyediting ^_^

Also, what Kit said! The outside interests bit belong in the cover letter, if you use one.

Kroger
      -
      associates, delegate - use a semicolon

Porter
      - "following what is on maintenance checklist" - you don't need "what is on"

Parking Attendant
      - Title: small a; the other headings only capitalized the first word (consistency)
      - Plurality feels a bit inconsistent in this section. Consider using singular for the second line (Verified...) and plurals for the others
      - "money count slip" - "slip" is not needed, as it is implied, but not harmful; it is up to you

Cashier at other locations and at special events
      - Is this a description of a separate workplace or series of them (e.g. freelance work or summer jobs)? If so, I would suggest "venues" instead of "locations." Also, a general date range would be useful, even if it's only years shown
      - You may wish to include a bullet point with what you did there; a general description is fine

Abilities
      - purposeful tasks, I do not thrive - Needs a semicolon rather than a comma if you keep it. You may wish to leave out the second part altogether, as you generally want to avoid negative terminology/history on resumes
      - You have an extra blank line below the Excel one, tho that may just be the site messing with your formatting
      - For the next line, I suggest:
      Scanned documents; type 40 words per minute; entered in-patient acute, rehab, and skilled nursing admits into a computerized system and processed home healthcare referrals; sorted spreadsheet data, added patient information to file records, created new patient files, and sorted patient information
      - You may wish to move 40wpm to another bullet if you have room
      - If you have not already done so, you should order/prioritize these in what you feel is most important for the job you are applying for and/or which ones you feel are your greatest strengths
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Also I should have asked in the first post-what area of work are you preparing this CV to apply for? You can then concentrate your skills on being targeted for that job-if you're applying for a fuel centre lead vacancy, then focus less on such skills as 'medical terminology'-you could probably get by with no more knowledge than 'this person's spilt fuel over themselves....eek they're on fire!'

*you also get brownie points for enabling me to use that most amazing set of smilies!!
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Expanding on what Kit said...

In this day and age, I don't know of anyone who will take a paper resume. Job applications are electronic. All the tricks that I used 20 years ago to get my resume noticed, are worthless.

Your resume will be uploaded and searched for key words. If the keywords are not found, your resume gets discarded. When applying, you will need to guess at what key words they are looking for. You don't have to completely rewrite your resume. Start with a good template. Enhance it as needed.

If you make the cut, then a person is likely to look at the document. Here is where you still need to have a clean, sharp presentation.

As you mentioned your degree in progress, apply for positions in companies that would be likely to hire someone with your degree. Reception, clerical, even cleaning staff. Later, an internal application is more likely to get to the top of pile. Especially if you establish a good reputation.

Good luck and good hunting!
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
            , I do not thrive in a micromanaging work culture [/FONT]

Ditch this. The employer's culture is what it is, they're not going to take a chance on somebody sharing what they won't tolerate in advance.

If you get the job and the culture isn't to your liking, you can always continue looking.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
            X