This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job search update

*haven't been on in awhile as my home phone got disconnected, & I can't afford to get it turned back on until January because of various expenses that need to come first*

Anyhow, so the library I work at is closed now for remodeling and won't reopen until this upcoming June, and I've been deployed to nearby libraries in the same system. In the meantime, we do have two vacant positions in the circulation desk area, and I was recently called for an interview, but unfortunately there has since been an unofficial hiring freeze going on with city departments. Which sucks, but they are keeping applications on file, and the selected candidates will be called whenever my branch manager gets the okay to hire.
    I have also decided to try to get back into Macy's for a seasonal position, because a friend tells me they have brought back the part-time day shifts for the holidays, they apparently really need the help, and I haven't been able to get hired anywhere else in retail. So, hopefully that will work out....totally need the extra money I do.

Closed for seven months for remodelling?! Wow.

Anyway, best of luck with the other library positions and/or Macy's. Wishing you all the best.

Comment

well, the building is from the 1960's, and was designed for the way libraries did business back then, so there's a lot that's going to be done with it. Unfortunately the building won't be expanded though (which we do need), so it's going to be interesting to see how all the new additions are going to be worked in.

Comment

Working...
      X