This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a coworker cry *long*

I'm a little worried about what's going to happen when I get to work Sunday.

As everyone is well aware and probably sick of hearing, I am still having issues with Dipshit the Impossible. Still can't get him to directly approach me and address me for help, and he still prefers to get a 2nd or 3rd opninion if I DO see him staring and go to help him.

He NCNS'ed Wednesday night. And yes, he really thought he didn't have to fill out paperwork or contact the temp agency and the factory to get a night off, he thought he could just tell our boss in casual conversation, "I have big plans tomorrow".

Well I was crestfallen to see him come back Thursday night. Damn me for dreaming he actually quit. But nevertheless, he was back and more irritating and helpless than ever.

There was about an hour left of the shift, and I had been helping another coworker look for something. Meanwhile, Dipshit was wandering around needing help, and he found a girl who had trained him for a day while I wasn't there. I came back and she told me that she'd helped him (actually, if Dipshit even knew what the hell he was doing, he wouldn't need help!) and one of the room runners (the old trainer) discovered someone else had helped him, and she pulled me aside and said "Blas, I realize you are having problems getting him to listen to you or even go to you. He's done it to me too already, and you know I was in your shoes before. But he really cannot be asking anyone else for help. He needs to be asking you or us room runners only. Didn't the training department ever tell you that rule?"

That set me off. That is totally untrue. I didn't want to be a tattletale, but I went to another trainer and told her what happened. She said that the room runner was totally out of line, ANYONE is allowed to help trainees if the trainer is not around, and she suggested I go to the training department and let them know the bullshit she's making up about stuff they supposedly say.

So I did. The lady in charge of our department in the training department has already had it up to here with the complaints we trainers have had about this room runner trying to prevent us from doing our jobs, and when I told her that the room runner had said that it's a "rule" that no one else is allowed to help trainees, she practically blew a gasket. She said "Let me handle this."

I went back into the room. A few minutes later, the training lady returned with a copy of one of the pages of the policy book. In it was the section describing Operator Responsibility. One section even said "Assisting in training when the trainer is not there" or whatever. She highlighted it and she was going to give it to the room runner and put her in her place.

My biggest problem with this room runner is she still tries to hover over me while I train and tell me I'm doing things wrong. On top of this, she is SO passive aggressive. Every time she pulls me aside, she starts with something positive like "I understand what you're going through, this used to happen to me ALL the time..." but then after she says the word "but", it turns to aggressive "BUT...you cannot be doing things this way." Kind of like how she was sympathetic about my problems with Dipshit but then tried to tell me he CAN'T be helped by anyone else.

Look, anyone who can actually get through to this guy qualifies for Sainthood. Anyone who can get him to remotely LISTEN qualifies for Sainthood. I don't care who helps him!

So the training lady gave that paper to her and probably ripped her a new one. I should probably mention right now that this room runner is very sensitive, and despite having it coming to her when people stand up to her or get sick of her patronizing them, she always breaks down in tears. Part of being passive aggressive. Once someone has had it up to there with her, they tell her off and she cries.

So I was leaving and ready to punch out, walking down the hallway and I saw her and the training lady sitting on a bench by some lockers, the room runner was bawling her eyes out and mumbling something about being "Sorry" and "Just trying to help"

I'm not too worried about being in real TROUBLE, because I won't be. I'm not the first person to make her cry. And my boss knows that she's a patronizer and a tattletale and she runs and cries to the boss whenever someone hurts her feelings. But she NEEDED to be put in her place. I'm sure if I DO get talked to, it'll probably sound like "You could have handled it better, but it wasn't the wrong thing to do."

I just figured the training department needed to know that certain people are misrepresenting what the training department stands for. And guess what? The first thing they tell trainers when they are overwhelmed is to ask other operators for HELP. This woman also needed someone higher up to tell her to mind her own god damn business.

So yeah, we'll see what happens on Sunday.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

You should have looked her directly in the eyes and told her that she was NOT trying to help. Youwent to management because she was trying to make herself feel important by imposing her will on areas she had no right interfering in. She's already going to target you over this, make her little world crumble with the TRUTH and she'll avoid you like the plague!

Comment

Crazy, you hit that one right on target. The training lady told me before "She's one of those people who makes herself feel important by 'correcting' other people and making them feel like they're wrong and she's right. Just ignore her for now, but if she starts interfering with your training and making you feel generally uncomfortable, let me know."
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
      X