This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
    Apparently, there's some policy that says we can't swear at work. I mean, I know it's unprofessional, but damn!
    Does that include swearing in foreign languages?

Comment

• I'm not allowed to dump a bucket of "toilet water" on passed out drunks

I'm not allowed to pose passed out drunks in funny positions and take pictures

I'm not allowed to put random wrestling holds on passed out drunks

I'm not allowed to piss on passed out drunks

I'm not allowed to stack passed out drunks on top of each other

I'm still not allowed to piss on passed out drunks

I'm not allowed to stage steal cage death matches between the drunks for a bottle of Mouthwash

and Crapping on them is definitely a no no

Comment

• I am not allowed to suggest a celebrity style Death Match Competition for various crims.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• Quoth edible_hat View Post
          Does that include swearing in foreign languages?
          Only if someone understands it.

That means Russian and Bulgarian are out.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Huttese. It's the perfect language for swearing: intimidating, gutteral, and no-one will have a clue what you're saying.
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

• Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
              Huttese. It's the perfect language for swearing: intimidating, gutteral, and no-one will have a clue what you're saying.
              WIN!!!!
              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Well that's a fungula then...

(BTW when a former co-worker found out what fungula actually means, she was shocked. It was her son's nickname for her.)

Comment

Not allowed to put Post-It notes on cars that park in the Director's space.

But I do it anyway.

Turns out, I AM allowed to do this. I mentioned it to Cola who was showing the New Guy where we're allowed to park, and she High Fived me for it.
                  "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

• I am not allowed to ask customers purchasing alcohol if I can "have a sip".

I cannot tell an overweight customer that she looks like Wilson Phillips. (Even if it was meant to be a compliment)

Comment

• I must not chase cows.
                      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

• Quoth crazylegs View Post
                        I must not chase cows.
                        I'm betting there's a story with this one, and I'm betting that I want to hear it.
                        Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Quoth Andrew B. View Post
                          I'm betting there's a story with this one, and I'm betting that I want to hear it.
                          Seconded!

Also...

-My manager's butt is NOT hypnotic. (manager is male)
                          -When closing the doors at the end of the night, but leaving one open for liquor, use the liquor boy's height, NOT your own. (one is about 5'6", the other two are around 6'1", 6'3", I'm about 5'8")
                          -Pretending to drop the cash drawers is not funny.
                          -I am not allowed to walk past the meat department and make mooing noises.
                          -My friend in meat is not to be known as Igor.
                          -Jokes about the seafood department smelling like fish are inappropriate (think within the gutter for those-and to add further info, the manager of that area is female and there's one other girl, along with three other males)
                          -It is inappropriate to quote from CS.com on the floor.
                          -Charlie The Unicorn references are not funny.
                          -I am not allowed to sing "The Doom Song." while on the clock.
                          -Nor "Bananaphone."
                          -I am not allowed to act like a gospel priest (i.e. "Can I get an amen people?")
                          -I am not allowed to flirt with the nightfillers.
                          -I am not allowed to refer to one of the nightfill/grocery staff as "monkey." (from the expression "Spank your monkey, not your keyboard")
                          -Comparing my coworkers to animals is not funny.
                          -Shouting "CIRCUS!" to the butchers across the way is not funny.
                          -I am not allowed to throw stuff between the checkouts.
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                            -Charlie The Unicorn references are not funny.
                            Says who?!?!?
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth Becks View Post
                              Says who?!?!?
                              Nobody specifically, just my customers don't get it. I usually get looks when I do. I must admit, when I first saw it, I then realised what was meant by the "shun the unbeliever! shuuuuun!" bit.
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• It's all so clear to me now.
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X