X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MCSledgehammer View Post
    -No sodas in the paint shakers.
    -Especially the manager's soda.

OMG I could see it now. Especially with a few of the managers at my store (don't get me wrong - I love them to death). It'd be REALLY funny to see a few of their reactions though. I know a couple of them would jump through the ceiling
    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

-No sodas in the paint shakers.
      -Especially the manager's soda.
      Time for a gratuitous Simpsons reference!

If you shook that soda up enough, it could blow the roof and the windows out of your store when your manager opened it. ALso could put him in the hospital in a coma.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Time for a gratuitous Simpsons reference!

If you shook that soda up enough, it could blow the roof and the windows out of your store when your manager opened it. ALso could put him in the hospital in a coma.
        With the effect of a nuclear weapon of soda!
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          And I'm a 27 year old female who spends too much time with guys.

My boss thought (unofficially, of course) what I DID say was funny...I just can't ever say it again.

Care to enlighten us on the comment? Cause teasing me like this isn't funny.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
            With the effect of a nuclear weapon of soda!
            Pretzels! You'll need pretzels!
            I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
              Pretzels! You'll need pretzels!
              What are these pretzels you speak of?

OH! You mean Beer Sponges!
              "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
              "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
              My MySpace
              My LiveJournal

Comment

-while male customers shop for meat, I am not allowed to stick tampons or douches in their shopping cart.
                -i am not allowed to sit my piggy bank on my register with a little sign saying, "Your loose change could help feed a hungry pig (or send your cashier to college.")
                -I am not allowed to say over the intercom, "Attention customers! There is a pearlescent Escalade in the parking lot with it's headlights on. Oh, nevermind, a nice big guy in a black toboggan just turned them off for you. But I think he accidentally busted your window in the process."
                -Giving customers directions to the freezer when they ask for the restroom is not acceptable.
                -Doing backflips off the dumpster when I'm supposed to be stocking is grounds for termination.
                -Patch tape is only to be used for its intended purpose.
                -Spying on the fifty-year-old manager is not okay - even if he is browsing teenage girl Myspace profiles.
                -Having fun is grounds for termination.
                -answering customer's questions in American Sign Language is not okay.
                -Neither is Swahili.
                -Or Vietnamese.
                Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 01-11-2007, 07:34 PM.
                "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                -FSTDT

Comment

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
                  Care to enlighten us on the comment? Cause teasing me like this isn't funny.
                  Well, the hot foods area is right next to the deli. My manager and a coworker were preparing meatballs for the next day. Aside from my usual "ball handlling skills" comments to my (male) manager, the following conversation took place.

Deli guy--"What smells so good over there?"
                  Manager--"Meatballs for tomorrow."
                  DG--"They smell FANTASTIC!!!!!"
                  Me--"I always suspected you enjoyed sniffing balls."

Something about what I said and HOW I said it was absolutely priceless, I suppose...
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

--Not allowed to answer the phone "Ghostbusters Boston" (even if the building is reportedly haunted)
                    --Even if it does weed out the telemarketing calls

--No "symmetrical book-stacking" with the unshelved used books...even if I do have the required spare time
                    --Or my books at home (hey, it does save space)

--Domokun is not a major deity (why the hell not?)

--Using Japanese rope bondage techniques while giftwrapping packages is generally not appreciated (ribbon is almost impossible to remove once tied that way)
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

-Making a t-shirt reading "Third-shift Teammates Do It In the Dark" is not an acceptable way to protest corporate cutting about 3/4 of the lights on the salesfloor at close.

-Wearing said t-shirt to work is grounds for termination.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm not allowed to send SPAM to my e-mail customers.
                        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

It's probably not a good idea to ask customers, "Why are you harrassing the working poor?!?"
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

No longer allowed to quote Sam Kinison. EVER. NEVER.

I am not "Lord Sprint The Seventh of the House of Cellphone", and cannot banish customers who don't speak fluent english. (that goes especially for those who speak english as a first language.)

Comment

I am not allowed to laugh as I run the ignorant redneck that thinks he's going to trap me in the right hand lane that's closing in 500ft off the road.

I am not allowed to ask the retarded dispatcher that asks me for the umpteenth time if I will go to NYC for him if he's on crack because I told him no too many times already.

I am not allowed attend a Jesse Jackson speech and scream "I'm sorry Mr. Jackson, your race card has been declined. Do you have another form of entitlement?" into a megaphone as soon as he finishes speaking.

I am not allowed to mock Oprah Winfrey for teaching people how to be professional victims daily on her show. If most of the idiots that made it there just took some kind of ownership over their lives they wouldn't be there in the first place.

Comment

im not allowed to cry you ruined it!
                                when people ask what non-system disk or disk error means.

Comment

Working...
                                X