Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not allowed to blast Rudolph the Deep Throat Reindeer at work.
    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

• Quoth pzychobitch View Post
      I am not allowed to blast Rudolph the Deep Throat Reindeer at work.
      Why in March would you do that?

ETA: It remains to be determined whether teaching the kids the "Kings and Queens" song from Horrible Histories is allowed. :P

Or any of the songs for that matter...
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Quoth fireheart View Post
        Why in March would you do that?

ETA: It remains to be determined whether teaching the kids the "Kings and Queens" song from Horrible Histories is allowed. :P

Or any of the songs for that matter...
        This was actually around christmas time...
        If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

• Not allowed to:

Ask a survey respondent "What is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and anything?"
          Chew gum in the call centre unless I have enough for everyone
          (Next day) Chew gum in the call centre EVEN IF I brought enough for everyone
          Answer someone asking how I sleep at night sarcastically by saying "On a pile of money surrounded by beautiful women" unless it is true
          (amended later) Answer someone asking how I sleep at night sarcastically by saying "On a pile of money surrounded by beautiful women" regardless if true or not
          Last edited by Kagato; 03-18-2013, 01:34 AM.
          Violets are blue,
          Roses are red,
          I bequeath to thee...
          A boot to the head >_>

Comment

• Quoth pzychobitch View Post
            This was actually around christmas time...
            What about singing the "horrible histories" carols?

Another one from my boyfriend:

When I go to the Medieval Fair this year, I am not allowed to round up kids near my boyfriend's camp and get them to ask if the Byzantine is wearing anything under his tunic (Byzantines apparently did NOT wear pants, which has become the butt of many jokes around the camp).

No encouraging the kids to peek either.

Not allowed to suggest Gangnam Style as a war dance.
            Last edited by fireheart; 03-18-2013, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Quoth fireheart View Post
              What about singing the "horrible histories" carols?

Another one from my boyfriend:

When I go to the Medieval Fair this year, I am not allowed to round up kids near my boyfriend's camp and get them to ask if the Byzantine is wearing anything under his tunic (Byzantines apparently did NOT wear pants, which has become the butt of many jokes around the camp).

No encouraging the kids to peek either.

Not allowed to suggest Gangnam Style as a war dance.
              That would be an epic war dance though.. I'm not going to lie!

Comment

• A new one:

-If I am hanging around the tent at the fair and people ask about 10th-12th century history, I am not allowed to mention a religious order that "freeball" it.

Comment

• From back in the day:

-Tell a new Airman out of tech school that he needs to have NDI X-ray his steel-toe boots and get NDI to condemn them when the steel shows up with cracks.

Comment

• -If I'm doing anything involving icecream cones or icecream, I am not allowed to do anything Turkish-style with them.

ETA: Before anyone gets the WRONG idea about what I'm referring to (Irv, dalesys, Sheldon...), there's a form of Turkish icecream you can have where the vendor does a little performance before you eat the icecream.
                    Last edited by fireheart; 04-25-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• We're not allowed even have a radio visible, let alone turned on. There was a radio in the back room--for bad weather, of course--and the area sup saw it and freaked. It wasn't even on. Really?
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• The display barstools in the furniture department are to be called barstool displays.

Not stool samples.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          The display barstools in the furniture department are to be called barstool displays.

Not stool samples.
                          I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that!

Comment

• Not allowed to eat the groceries old blokes leave on the counter for me to mind while they shuffle down the drive to shop at Giant Secondhand Mart.

Not allowed to let anyone else eat the groceries, either.

Not allowed to raffle off groceries.

Not allowed to give corncobs out as "gift with purchase".
                            Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                            It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

• No, Irv, the word "swag" cannot appear anyplace on your nametag.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• I am not allowed to refer to my boyfriend's Crusader garb as a "tunic with a nappy and tights"

I am not allowed to take a photo of him wearing ONLY the bottom half of said kit. (he did let me get a photo of him wearing the items that were ordered, but 1) he was wearing jeans over the top and 2) he still had a shirt on)

Comment

Working...
                                X