This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Problem

Yesterday, a customer needed to use the phone to call her bank because her credit card wasn't going through so I let her use one of the phones at the service desk. She argued with the person on the other end who must have been giving her a hard time since it sounded like she wasn't getting good customer service from her bank.

The customer decided to cancel the account based on the way the bank treated her. She mentioned that she was furious and she gave me back the items she was planning to get but couldn't because of the credit card problem. I mentioned that she handled the situation better than some people would've meaning that she wasn't throwing anything or stomping her feet. The customer even told me that appreciated my trying to help her out.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I don't get how at the 1st sign of trouble with a credit card company that a lot of people cancel their credit cards. What's that supposed to accomplish?
    Like a credit card company is supposed to beg you to stay with them & will do anything so you don't cancel.
    Sometimes shit happens & when it does I say just to DEAL WITH IT.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      I don't get how at the 1st sign of trouble with a credit card company that a lot of people cancel their credit cards. What's that supposed to accomplish?
      People believe they are hurting the company by taking their business elsewhere. But actually I think all it really does is lower their own credit rating. Long established accounts look much better on credit reports than a constant stream of new accounts and canceled accounts. So unless their CC company is really giving them a crappy deal, they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

Comment

The customer tried to use the card 3 times and her card wasn't accepted. She told the person on the phone that she made an advanced payment but she still wasn't able to use her card to purchase her groceries. She even mentioned a few times that her ice cream was melting. By the way, two of the items she gave back to me happened to be ice cream.
        My Fanfic Page
        My Fiction Page
        My Social Group
        My Pet Social Group
        My You Tube Channel

Comment

ometimes shit happens & when it does I say just to DEAL WITH IT.
          Personally if I have a credit card that's giving me bad service, assuming the trouble is none of my own doing... why should I just "Deal with it"?

I figure, if they have truly bad service, there's nothing wrong with switching to a different company.

In fact, bad service has caused me to change banks twice.

1) Key Bank - asked them to put a "hold" on my account until I could locate missing checkbook. Found checkbook and called to have the hold released. ..."What hold?" They never put the hold on the account like they said they were going to do. I withdrew my money & went to another bank that day.

2) Credit Union - over their policy of ATM card replacement. To replace an ATM card they had to cancel both that and the credit card and then mail a new set out... at least 2 weeks with no card and no ability to pay online bills.

3) I almost left BOA cos they didn't change my billing address when I asked them to. But they finally pulled their heads out of their butts - and there's a branch near mom's house and one here where I am in Japan.
          Last edited by PepperElf; 02-19-2008, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X