X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got punk'd

And it was really NOT funny.

One of the room runners, who is very aware of operators approaching me and yelling at me for my trainees mistakes, decided it'd be funny to play a joke on me.

He found some failed audits, and brought them over to me. He said "Let's go sit down, blas, we really need to talk."

So we sat down. He showed me the audits. Then he said "One of your trainees did these."

I asked which one. He said, "We'll get to that in a minute. But this is very serious. I wanted to talk with you because this is very serious. What was done to the product costs the company thousands of dollars in scrap. These are really big mistakes."

I looked at the slips and my jaw dropped in horror.

Then he said, "I want to speak with you about this because you're the trainer, and I'm really starting to doubt your training. How can you allow your trainees to make these kinds of mistakes? Are you even watching them? Do you even show them what really passes or fails the product? This isn't something we can just brush aside..."

I got really defensive. I started to feel feverish and I just snapped at him.

I started yelling. "You listen here, asshole, I DO NOT train people this way. I teach them the RIGHT way to do things. It's not MY FAULT if they make mistakes. They're BOUND to make mistakes. Second of all, I DO NOT hover over them, the only way I ever know there's a problem is by getting this kind of feedback. Do you really REALLY think I teach them that this is OK to do?! What the FUCK is your problem? WHERE do you get off blaming me for this?!"

He starts to see how mad I am and how I'm freaking out, and he laughs and says "Ok, ok blas, this was just a joke. I'm sorry. I didn't realize you'd freak out like this. Your trainees didn't even do this. It's a joke. Someone else did this. Just calm down, ok?"

Calm down. Suuure.

That was SO funny.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Some "joke". I might not have been so civil in responding.

Especially if the room runner has no real authority over me.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

He does. He really had no business playing that kind of a joke on me, as audits are private and are meant for only bosses, room runners, and trainers to see. But since it wasn't regarding anything my trainees did, I had no business seeing that. He's one of those coworkers who I despise, but when we're on break or off the clock, we're friends. But get us on the floor, and we fight. Because we have two different priorities in our jobs.

I'm playing a joke on him tonight to get him back.

Comment

I didn't see anything funny with that joke he did on you.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I think it was a little funny. Or had the potential to be, anyway. And that potential would have been had people not been recently pulling the same stuff. Had that not happened, or it been a thing of the past, then yeah, could have been funny.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            I think it was a little funny. Or had the potential to be, anyway. And that potential would have been had people not been recently pulling the same stuff. Had that not happened, or it been a thing of the past, then yeah, could have been funny.
            Yeah, funny if she had recently had an exceptional batch of trainees. Not funny when the person knows blas has been getting some kinda dim folk to try and train recently. Timing is part of comedy, and this guy blew it.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

As a man who loves pranks, and can keep a straight face. (I almost had graveguy quit once because I totally had him belive that I was quitting in response to corporte firing manager). I say it was kinda funny. Granted the timing was off, but it was.

Speaking of which, me and the others are working together for a huge prank to pull on manager. We figure we'll have swingguy do his shift, (Then I come in for grave). He come back around 5:20ish, and clock in. He'll do my shift. Manager will call my cell. I'll ignore it. She'll call store phone. Swingguy answer. Swingguy proceeds to tell manager that I'm in the hospital for some reason.

We also consider getting some of our friends to come in, and buy a certain ethnic adult magazine that is the same as boss, (who also puts that magazine in the far back so noone can see it). If anything to see her expression.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I wouldn't Prank back . . .
                I would document the situation and make sure that the powers that be are aware of what this co-irker thinks is comedy.

Comment

I'm not going to prank him back anymore. I'm doing a Jimmy Hoffa thing with him. For sure.

He had me so damn pissed off last night......I am going to get him back. But it won't be a childish prank.

Comment

blas, too late to Jimmy Hoffa him. You've posted it. If you're going to something that bad that may involve Johnny Law you never talk about it. Now you are stuck with either just logging it and going to boss or pranking him back.
                    GFY

Comment

Blas, I would also like to point out, that while it was a douchebag thing to do, considering your reaction, he probably didn't mean it maliciously. It's not like he was out to get you fired, or get you that angry, or anything like that. Take that in perspective with whatever you plan to do next.

Comment

Broomjockey, he did mean to it get me angry. That's just our relationship. He knows exactly which buttons to push and he finds it hilarious. You guys all know that I don't easily get offended, but when people bring up stuff that bothers me, I DO get a little pissy.

Comment

Do what my professor did when she worked in the printing industry; Wrap his desk, his chair, his computer, and all of his personal items in saran wrap. Wrap it good too. Use several boxes of it. Or you can take and image of his desktop screen, and put it over his desktop back ground, so when he tries to click on his icons, he can't. He will think that the computer has malfunctioned or something.

And if he doesn't have a desk or a computer, wrap his car instead.
                          Check out my cosplay social group!
                          http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

ooooo, I do like the wrapping of the car idea. Always a classic. And if you can somehow manage it, filling it with ping pong balls ups the hilarity.

Comment

I already saran wrapped my ex-managers car, and stuck Kotex pads to all the doors.

Long story short....the assistant manager and I got drunk back in my gas station days, and thought it'd be funny to saran wrap her car.

Comment

Working...
                              X