X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I've finally figured something out

Hey gang..

Not sure where it goes (could be MiM), but anyways...

Recently, our trainer put out an email advertising a coach/mentor position. I put my hand up, but got a response saying that she'd wait til people came back from holidays (this was mid-Jan). Ok.. cool.

Next thing I hear, last week, is that she's selected someone.

I'm not impressed, and mention this lack of happiness to my manager. I get an email back saying she 'forgot' about me (grrrr).

Anyways, I say I didn't really expect to get the job anyways, because I have a different focus, and because I'd be somewhat harsher on the laxness in this place (ie - incompetence or crap work ethic gets rewarded with termination... so - do the job, or get out).

I have only just realised, that if they actually put me on as a TL, then they'd basically be saying that the way they run the place isn't too good, and that if they did put me on they'd be admitting that what they've been doing is ... crap! (I've been hearing a lot of unhappiness about management's way of handling things for ages - esp from TL's).

Anyways - just thought I'd throw that one in - seeing as most of us understand that sort of situation.....

Slyt
    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Coach/mentors get to fire people? But giving you the job wouldn't necessarily be an admission of incompetance, only if you announced your desire to straighten the place out.

And yeah, it is pretty sucky when they don't offer the applications to everyone, even though they're supposed to. Sometimes it's just laziness or forgetfulness, and sometimes they're stacking the odds for their pet candidate.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

It does suck, when they don't do it for everyone. Like my last job. The owner gave his wifes friend a GM position. She never had a job before. Her Sister and I both have manager experience. Glad that place went out of business.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
      X