This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are There Ever Days. . .

. . . when you feel like just getting up from your position (or wherever you work) and leaving?
    When I came in this morning, the first thing the in-charge asked me was, "Would you like to come in early?"
    I don't want to work my regular hours, much less overtime!

Yes, every time I see cow-irker, "L", coming through the door. He's just .... aarrgghh!!! I don't like him. Let's put it at that.

Comment

When I drove to work (I take the bus now), and I often would drive a couple of times a week to pick up lunch. I cannot tell you how often I just wanted to keep going. I loved my coworkers, pay and benefits were good, but there was just something sucking away at me that made the mountains in the distance so very, very attractive.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I just did that.

Let's just say I was in your same position, but then they'd incessantly call and ask if I wanted to come BACK in and help CLOSE before my 7 AM SHIFT.

Comment

I basically felt like that in every job I ever had.

I don't want to work my regular hours, much less overtime!
          LOL That is me all the way. I could stand an eight hour shift most of the time, and sometimes they would go by with relative quickness, but once overtime comes into play....bleeech. And then I'd have jobs where I'd start in the morning and have no idea what time I'd get off later in the day, knowing I could possibly be going 12 hours or more. I start all my jobs with high spirits and good intentions, but usually after about a month or so I become consumed with thoughts of just when I am going to quit. Every lunch break I'd entertain the delicious thought of just walking out the front door and going home. Work has always seemed like nothing but a prison to me. But maybe I just haven't found the right career yet, who knows.

Comment

Not as often as you'd think, but yes.

Especially working anything over ten hours.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I done that at my old jobs. I did that whenever I would get burned out.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

In a previous full-time job, the one I crashed and burned from, and spent a year on incapacity benefit due to stress related and heart problems - well, the job was about a ten minute walk away from home. But I absolutely HAD to take a bus to work every morning.

Why?

Because if I walked to work, at every pace I took I had the opportunity to say "F^ck this, life is too short" and turn around and go home. Whereas on the bus I was committed, and got off the bus 1 minute from my workplace, and managed to force myself to earn my dollar a day.

Comment

Just about every night I get that feeling.

The worst thing is, I try to go into work with a positive attitude, because I've been doing everything possible to keep my stress levels down. Usually within minutes of getting to work, I want to either walk out or beat the shit out of someone.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I get the urge to get up and walk out about five minutes after I get to my desk. Because I know it's going to be a nice day and I'm going to be stuck in an office with nothing to do.
                    "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Every time I arrive on shift and am scheduled on the kiosk.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Somewhat related, but I'm sometimes tempted to take my paycheck and get a bus ticket to 'anywhere other than where I am.' Of course the practical, realistic part of me pipes up and says 'And where do you think you're going to stay? And what are you going to do when you get there? And how do you plan on paying for everything?' Darn realism.
                        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Only just about every day

Comment

Working...
                          X