This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching jobs soon

In the coming weeks I'll be quitting my job at the movie theatre in order to get a position at one of the local hospitals.

This will help me get my foot in the door once I begin the nursing program at my college.

If anyone has any stories, opinions or feedback relating to this, I welcome you to express it.
    Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Congrats on getting the hospital position. That's a good step to getting your foot in the door in any medical career. Much luck to you!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Well, I haven't gotten it yet.

But the indications are very strong that they'll take me:

1. They need people.
      2. My dad's friend is hooking me up/talking to people.
      3. If they see that I'm part of (insert school) which is connected to their health care system, they'll look kindly on me.
      4. The position will be something low level, like a transporter (person who moves patients around) or something like suicide watch etc...
      5. They will take anybody for the low level positions.

But like I said, I should hear something about it by today or tomarrow. Then I'll most likely go for an interview. In other words, I'm on my way.
      Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Comment

Best of luck.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

What type of position is it? My wife is an LPN working at a nursing home, but she's in RN school at the hospital. I can get you all kinds of stories.

To start, I hope your family has a strong stomach. Because many of your dinner table conversations will involve poop, vomit, fat people, bad smells, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X