Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O_o (not exactly sucky, just..well.. you'll see.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O_o (not exactly sucky, just..well.. you'll see.)

I've made some confusing and some odd pizzas since starting my new job.

But this one really got me in a 'what sort of person orders like this??' face...

A pizza that was on the menu... But it had to have two pieces... two PIECES with just ham.

No other ingredients.. Just ham.

For those that haven't yet gone 'how is that odd?'... Pizzas don't come pre-sliced.

(I've hung it on my wall next to my Sweeney Todd poster as proof of human oddity.)
    3 Basic rules for ordering food.
    - Order from the menu.
    - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
    - Don't talk about Fight Club.

I still don't see how that is odd.

It wouldn't be hard to eyeball out two slices, place the ham, then make sure that those pieces get sliced correctly after it's cooked.

Pizza place near here does stuff similar to that all the time. (You can get 3 different sets of toppings on a pizza if you ask nicely ) [rather than just the 1/2 and 1/2 like most places]
    <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
      I still don't see how that is odd.

It wouldn't be hard to eyeball out two slices, place the ham, then make sure that those pieces get sliced correctly after it's cooked.

Pizza place near here does stuff similar to that all the time. (You can get 3 different sets of toppings on a pizza if you ask nicely ) [rather than just the 1/2 and 1/2 like most places]
      While not hard to do, I can see how it would be odd.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Those 2 pieces might've been for the kids or kid that only likes ham on his pizza.(could've been adults too) My boyfriend's mom makes homemade pizza and she saved 2 slices of a pizza that were just cheese for the 2 kids there that only like cheese pizza. It's not weird at all, I think it's smart really if you know the person/ kid won't eat more than one or 2, why order him/her an entire pizza??

Comment

I think it is smart, but still weird. Trying to eyeball two slices might be difficult, though the ease of the situation would be much greater if there was ham on the rest as well, so you don't have to worry about going over the space of the two slices worth.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

just cover it all over half the pizza then cut the pizza in half...then cut the one half into 2 pieces...hey..the didnt say how big the pieces should be....
            "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

That is not odd. A local pizza joint around here, does that. All we have to do is ask.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth king4aday View Post
                just cover it all over half the pizza then cut the pizza in half...then cut the one half into 2 pieces...hey..the didnt say how big the pieces should be....
                Well, that method is slightl over complicated, just cut the pizza in half, hey its two pieces right?
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I've hung it on my wall next to my Sweeney Todd poster as proof of human oddity.)
                  you have a poster of Sweeney Todd in your pizza place...
                  that's awesome!

... too bad you don't sell meat pies too

Comment

Actually, the poster (and docket) are in my bedroom at home..
                    That would be pretty darn awesome though.
                    3 Basic rules for ordering food.
                    - Order from the menu.
                    - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
                    - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Yeah, that doesn't sound that odd to me.

And, since nearly every pizza I've run into is either 6 or 8 slices, making just 2 with a certain topping arrangement would be either 1/3 or 1/4 of the pizza, which is actually a fairly easy eyeball job.

.... and no, I'm not making any Sweeney Todd references...

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Doesn't sound odd to me. I usually eat two slices of pizza and my partner usually eats six, and we like completely different toppings.

Comment

Pizza Hut had a rule when I worked there that toppings had to go on half or all, no odd proportions. Our managers ignored it of course, muich to our dismay.

Comment

Working...
                          X