This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hersheypark Happy!

Today I had my interview at Hersheypark & was hired! Woo Hoo!
    I won't be starting right away until my background check comes back verified. Plus, I'll be making $7.15 per hour. It's minimum wage but I can work with that.
    The job that I'll be working has the potential to go beyond the regular Hersheypark season.
    So stay tuned for new stories of sucky customers cause I know I'll have some...lol.

Congratulations!!

(umm - what's a hersheypark?)

Slyt
    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

That is awesome. What will you be doing?

$7.15 isn't too bad. When I worked at another PA amusement park last year, I was only making $6.30. (And my first year, in 2005, I only made $5.90 an hour). But I love working at amusement parks so much that money was never an issue for me. Can't wait to hear your stories - but I hope you have more good than bad

Comment

Quoth Sableonblonde View Post
        That is awesome. What will you be doing?

$7.15 isn't too bad. When I worked at another PA amusement park last year, I was only making $6.30. (And my first year, in 2005, I only made $5.90 an hour). But I love working at amusement parks so much that money was never an issue for me. Can't wait to hear your stories - but I hope you have more good than bad

I'll be part of the utility crew. They'll have me picking up trash, sweeping & cleaning stuff. Doesn't bother me one bit. I'll get a chance to be all over the park & not be stuck in one place

Comment

That is the job I had at the first amusement park I worked at, back in 2001-2003. I was a Restroom Attendant and then Sweep, I switched back and forth. I picked those jobs, for the exact reasons you said. I didn't want to be stuck in one place, and I wanted the ability to move around and see a lot of the park. It was awesome. Plus, you don't have to deal with any irate people (at least I didn't) since your job doesn't have you dealing directly with people.

It's great to be outside all day, breathing in the fresh air (not to mention all the yummy smells from all the food stands!) I'm excited for you!

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
            Congratulations!!
            (umm - what's a hersheypark?)
            Slyt
            http://www.hersheypark.com/index.php

It's an amusement park outside of the Hershey Chocolate factories.

I'll see you there this summer! (Since I go at least once a year)

Comment

Congrats. One of my friends in college worked at Dorney Park and loved it. She started on clean-up and worked her way up to running rides. (BTW she liked clean-up better than having to say that script everytime a ride was beginning or ending.)

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                http://www.hersheypark.com/index.php

It's an amusement park outside of the Hershey Chocolate factories.

I'll see you there this summer! (Since I go at least once a year)

O. M. G!!!

As we would say down here - only in America. (But then - we do have drive-thru alcohol :P)

Still - congrats on the job - I hope it's as fun (and rewarding) as you want it to be, BrightStar

Oh - and I'm sure you'll be getting a stack of SC's to post about as well
                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  Today I had my interview at Hersheypark & was hired! Woo Hoo!
                  I won't be starting right away until my background check comes back verified. Plus, I'll be making $7.15 per hour. It's minimum wage but I can work with that.
                  Congrats!

Something to look into after you've settled into the job: Moneyroom. It usually pays better starting, and you don't have to deal with people other than the employees, usually. I always thought it was a fun job, mostly. At any rate, best of luck!
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Chocolateworld happiness!

That's terrific! I try to get down to Hershey at least every other year to get my rollercoaster "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" fix. If I can make it this season, may I pm you to see where abouts you work in the park?

Have a WONDERFUL time!

Comment

Quoth I8DaCookie View Post
                      If only VA was one of the higher paying states (it ranks 20th at the moment).
                      Is that scale rated flat rate, or adjusted for cost of living? It makes a major difference.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                      X