This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth cinema guy View Post
    It was Baden-Powell. He wrote Scouting for Boys after the Seige of Mafeking made him a national hero.

Byron probably did a different kind of scouting for boys.
    Whoops! I knew there was a B in there.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      I have a box in my freezer right now!
      Me too! I thought my mom and I were the only ones who did that! Everyone else always looked at me funny.

Comment

Thin Mints and Samoas....*must hunt down Girl Scouts...*

I used to be a Brownie, many many years ago. Never did get many patches though...
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

do your girl scouts try to park in the fire lane? I've had to make them move their car before at my store.

we did let them unload the rest of their cookies into our carts since they were nice about it though

Comment

I don't think the Keebler cookies taste like thin mints, but I know what does: a ritz cracker with a peppermint patty on it. Seriously, exactly the same.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
              do your girl scouts try to park in the fire lane? I've had to make them move their car before at my store.

we did let them unload the rest of their cookies into our carts since they were nice about it though
              No we discussed where we were going to have them and they were really good about it. They were supose to come for a couple of days but sold out the very first.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                I don't think the Keebler cookies taste like thin mints, but I know what does: a ritz cracker with a peppermint patty on it. Seriously, exactly the same.
                *blink, blink blink* I can imagine Ritz crackers, and I can imagine Andes mints, but I cannot, for the life of me, imagine them tasting good together!

Of course, I can't stand 'real' chocolate any longer. I can only enjoy organic dark chocolate.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Thanks-A-Lot (All Abouts). Best milk dipping cookies ever. The chocolate keeps it from falling apart, and a shortbread cookie is like a love sponge for leche!

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                    must. buy. ice. cream.
                    Bastards. I'm at work now, and can't partake in any chocolatey goodness until I get home

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I like the Thin Mints, but the new Lemonades are made with pure crack. My roommate and I have munched many boxes between us already. We actually don't buy them anymore. We can't keep from eating the whole box at a sitting. So very good.

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                      I always figured they had better tactical and strategic sense than they let on. Looks like Lord Byron Baden-Powell had the right idea when he formed Scouts and Guides. They are teaching them to be the new officers. pretty well too I would say.
                      Kind of funny now, but the former USSR considered the Boy Scouts a paramilitary organization. In several of the plans they had for invading the USA in the event of a ground war, part of it was rounding up all the Eagle Scouts and Troop Leaders. The creepy-scary part: my father and myself were both named on the list for being Scoutmasters/Eagle Scouts. In Communist Russia, government scouts YOU!
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                      X