This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to break the news

One of my co-workers had a phone call from an ex-co-worker from some years ago.

"I married now."
    "Really!?"
    "No, I'm kidding. But I have cancer."
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Quoth cinema guy View Post
    One of my co-workers had a phone call from an ex-co-worker from some years ago.

"I married now."
    "Really!?"
    "No, I'm kidding. But I have cancer."

I almost want to get cancer so I can use that line.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post

I almost want to get cancer so I can use that line.
      No, you don't.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        No, you don't.
        Well, I said almost.

A friend of mine just recently beat cancer. It surprised me when I heard from a mutual friend that he had it because he's so young ('round 25). I know it's not, but I keep thinking of cancer as an older person's disease.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I know it's not, but I keep thinking of cancer as an older person's disease.
          An acquaintance of mine died of cancer at the age of 22. A great waste too, because the world would be a happier place with more people like him out there.
          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Unique but a little too devastating. Lost two great people I knew to cancer, one just recently.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Well, I said almost.

A friend of mine just recently beat cancer. It surprised me when I heard from a mutual friend that he had it because he's so young ('round 25). I know it's not, but I keep thinking of cancer as an older person's disease.
              I watch a 4-year old with Leukemia. She's had it for almost 2 years. I also knew a little boy who had brain cancer...he died right after he turned 2.

It affects many children, too.
              Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Working...
              X