This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screwed over!

For a short while I worked the retention queue, customers calling to cancel their internet service would get a tech to try to work out whatever problems they had to save the customer. This was my most memorable call.

me: <opening spiel>

guy: I've been getting these charges from you on my credit card for quite a long time now, and I have no idea why! I've never signed up for your service!

me: Ok sir, just tell me your name and I'll look it up.

guy: My name is Andrew Ivebeenscrewed.

me: <looks name up, can't find anything> Hm, I can't find the account under your name, but I can search by the credit card number.

guy: My credit card number is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.

me: <Aha! Found it.> I found the account, but the name on the account is Bob Itakeyourmoney. This account was registered two years ago...but it's never been logged into.

guy: BOB ITAKEYOURMONEY?!?!

me: Yes.

guy: <Silence. Breathing hard.>

me: Um...do you know Bob Itakeyourmoney?

guy: He's my BROTHER-IN-LAW.

me: ? He knows your credit card number?

guy: Apparently he does!!! I'm going to KILL HIM. I've been paying 20 bucks every month for how long now?!?!

me: Two years.

guy: Can you reverse the charges?!?!

me: I can credit you back for 3 months, but that's the most the system will let me. Maybe you can dispute it with your credit card company? <I really didn't know, as I was a tech and not customer service.>

guy: OK. <click>

I felt really bad for the guy, and while he was EXTREMELY upset at the situation, he never got sucky with me. He knew where to lay the blame! I sure hope he beat the crap out of his brother in law.

Sorta makes me wonder why he waited two years...
    I hear a "Judge Judy" episode in the wind.

I have no idea why people seem to push 'famblee' when 'famblee' will do this to you.

Someone will wash their hands of a piece of #### like this, only to have the rest of the hatfields or mc-coys call up and whine 'but, he's FAAAMBLEE'.

Watch Judge Judy enuf, or listen to Dr. Laura, or even Dr. Phil, and you see what I mean...

Comment

RIP Mr. Itakeyourmoney
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        RIP Mr. Itakeyourmoney
        More like "Rest In Pieces"

This is why I hide all my financial stuff where my family can't find it (of course my mother knows where the stuff is, in case of emergency's but no one else does).
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth twocents View Post
          I have no idea why people seem to push 'famblee' when 'famblee' will do this to you.
          Well... the theory is that you get real choosey about who you famblee with. At least, that's what it should be. My sisters who were choosey are in decent shape. The ones who let blood rush think for them... learned better. And chose better the second time, too.

Comment

I don't know why this would have taken two years to notice on their credit card statement. Doesn't everyone check and cross check every item against receipts the way I do?

Nevermind. If they had, you wouldn't have posted this thread. Seriously though, 2 years of not noticing $20 per month?
            This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              This is why I hide all my financial stuff where my family can't find it (of course my mother knows where the stuff is, in case of emergency's but no one else does).
              ..........eh, that's not true. I have your account numbers, not Mum. Also, need to get her name off your account if you haven't already (I'm being dragged off on Monday to get that done).
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
              X