X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for you

I found this very funny.

Back story: At the Rec Center, whenever people leave behind their own balls and we, the staff, find it, we hold onto it in the hopes that the person will return looking for their lost ball. After so long, at least several weeks, we might use the forgotten ball as our own to rent out to patrons.

Last night at the Field House, a patron came up to the front desk excited that he finally found his ball. He said that a long time before he had lost it and assumed someone just stole it. The ball in question was clearly not one of our average basketballs and it did still have the visible remnants of the patrons last name, which was nowhere near common. I just let him take it since it was most likely really his anyway.

I'm surprised he didn't try to blame us for stealing his ball, which we kinda did, but only after he failed to even attempt to look for his basketball.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Heh. You gotta love when someone admits to their own culpability and is just happy that things work out for them.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Isn't anybody going to make some obvious ball jokes? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
      "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post

As I saw in a gaming magazine many years ago, when they printed a cheat code that gave you infinite balls in a pinball game, obvious joke deleted.

Comment

*clears throat*

The gent had no balls
          Trayol handled them with ease.
          A ball joke haiku

There, happy now?
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
            As I saw in a gaming magazine many years ago, when they printed a cheat code that gave you infinite balls in a pinball game, obvious joke deleted.
            It takes steel balls to play pinball!

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey
              The gent had no balls
              Trayol handled them with ease.
              A ball joke haiku
              Yes I handled the patrons balls. Can I get in trouble for enthasizing a MOD's joke?

Comment

Lame jokes deserve to be put down. Go for it
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
                  :snickering: Trayol and coworkers handle strangers' balls.

How's that? Not so much a joke as an immature observation, but hey.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

[announcer voice]
                    Have you lost your balls?
                    Is your girlfriend keeping them in her purse?
                    Is your wife holding them hostage?
                    Did you move away from "mom" and forget to take them with you?

Then you need Trayol's ball recovery service!

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wow! I don't know whether to laugh or be disturbed? I should probably do both.

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
                        a patron came up to the front desk excited that he finally found his ball.
                        I'm glad everyone has adjusted to my random snorts, giggles, and general bursts of laughing.

That line nearly had me breaking rule #1.
                        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
                        X