This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams about work

Rather than perform thread necromancy on the old "dreams about work" thread, I thought I'd start a new one.

I had a dream that I was at work and had a drive-off by a guy on a motorbike. I gave chase (on foot, but managed to keep up). After a while I did a flying spinning kick which knocked him off his bike.

Yeah but thats exciting! Most times I just dream that Im at work. My husband says hes heard me cash people out in my sleep.
    I did have one nightmare though that zombies were chasing me. The weird thing is that they were the kids from the high school next door.

Comment

I had one once where I was working registers at Wal-Mart, it was hurricane season, and we were trying to close. Customers kept coming through my line, buying cumbersome things like barbecues and lawn furniture, and then telling me that I would need to have the store hold onto it for a week so it wouldn't blow away in the storm.

It was one of those times where you're really happy to wake up
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I just had my first work dream about this place..

The head of the call center decided to put me on a special project, it was to be molded into her, talk like her, dress like her, eat like her.. In it I had to follow her around HQ which was not much unlike this.

It only took me 5 months to start having odd dreams about the place, and prolly because I want back off the radar, they have people jacking into my phone to learn from me, and then my boss calling me out at a meeting for being such a lady blah blah blah...

I was happy off the radar...
        Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

Yea I've had weird dreams that had work. One where I was sent to a swamp town and I really do mean a swamp town.

The buildings were raised up, the sidewalks were wooden plans and water was everywhere. Trying to deliver mail was weird because there were no address and only names on the letters. Finally trying to talk to one of my coworkers they told me what was I having a problem with I had been doing this for over five months.

Not knowing what else to say, thankfully I woke up, and has a full WTH moment.

Comment

When I have dreams about work, they involve my store being vastly different in some way. Laid out differently, or carrying different products, or having a different color scheme--such as the garish burnt orange my store went through in the early 80s.

Somehow I seem to have dreams of me being in grade school, as the adult I am or sometimes a first grader, for instance, and then at a certain point it will dawn on me that I'm really an adult and I'll get up and leave, usually without anybody else noticing or caring.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If by dreams you mean nightmares....

I used to dream I was back working at a motel in NM. Don't get me wrong, I liked my job, my co-workers and my guests but my boss was extremely high strung for someone that was supposed to be in the business for 18+ years. I used to dream that minor things would happen; oh noes, we ran outta ink for one of the printers (we had two work computers each with their own dedicated printer); the coke machine ran outta sodas, the Coke man won't be here until *gasp!* the day after tomorrow! Oh noes! My Co-worker who was supposed to take over my shift in 20 minutes has a flat tire!

Yeah, the man would freak out about everything. It got to the point were the other front desk girl and I would just leave him out of the loop on everything.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Whenever I dream about work it's like a normal day at work.

And that ladies and gents is when I know I'm burned out and ready for a vacation, or a new job.

Comment

When I worked fast food I had dreams about:

* Tornadoes coming towards the building.

* Having someone trying to order breakfast when the place didn't serve breakfast.

* Trying to work the register and getting everything wrong.

* Trying to make an order and realizing that an hour has passed and the customer still doesn't have their order.

I've been out of fast food for 10 years now and still have the odd dream of being back in fast food because I can't get a job anywhere else.
                  I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

I don't have any real specifics, but, even though I haven't worked at a movie theater for over 11 years, I still dream about working at the theater several times a week. Then again, I graduated college almost 20 years ago, and I still have at least one "oh my God, it's finals, and I haven't been to class all semester" dream every few weeks.

Comment

At one of my old jobs, which was a furniture maker. I was training with this one guy on this one machine. Well it was about 3 months into my job. And I had a dream. I dream that I came walking into the building and all my coworkers were standing all around my machine. As I walked closer the supervisor handed me a blunt object. As he handed me it, he told me to take the first hit. When I asked him why, he said that the place was going to close down. Then the alarm went off and I woke up. I told the guy training me about the dream. And he said "Now you are ready", to learn the admin stuff on the machine.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I told a co-worker about the dream in the OP. He said "At least you caught him, when I have those dreams they always get away"

Comment

I've had a few dreams about the Helpdesk. Most of them involved the encrochment of everyone else into my office space. One that really stood out was when I "stole" a CRT to add to my computer, so I would have a dual monitor set up. This sucked, as my other monitor was LCD. (PAIN!) But in this dream, now former bossman kept trying to steal one of my monitors back.

Another dream had rampaging students using my computer.

Another had AAFH2 taking over my space when the office was moved to this kind of little room off a computer lab. It was kinda like the observation room behind an interogation room (yes, I was watching WAYYYY to much CSI and Law and Order at the time.

In my retail days, I had to stay up for several hours after working or else I'd have some crazy dreams where I was back at work.

Sigh. Not even in my dreams could I convince myself to tell off the SCs.
                          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Oh I hate work dreams. It's like, gawd! I can't even get away from this place while I'm sleeping?! Most of my store-related dreams involved me getting shot (but not feeling any pain). This stemmed from the bad neighborhood my store is in, and having been robbed at gunpoint once probably scarred me for life. I still have that dream once in a while.

My absolute freakiest work-related dreams, though, came from when I worked at a fish processing plant. (think cannery but without the canning :P) Most of the busy season I worked in the Egg Room, which processed salmon roe into caviar to be shipped to Japan. (Ikura!) So my dreams involved drowning in huge vats of salmon eggs, whole skeins of roe coming alive and chasing me, stuff like that. But King Crab season was the worst. Dreams about crabs are worse than dreams about spiders. *shudder*

Comment

Working...
                            X