This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
    I didn't see any pranks. Care to PM me and let me in? Don't want to spoil the fun for others
    Same here please
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I did something close to IPF's rats a while back.
      We had field mice really bad at the building we were in, and a receptionist who was terrified of mice. I went out and got a fake mouse, set it on a table where she could see it, and waited for her to spot it. Once she was shrieking for the mouse to be removed, I leaned over, grabbed it, popped it in my mouth, and looked at her with the tail hanging out.
      She about dropped dead of a heart attack.

Comment

I rick-rolled the whole office.
        My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

A few years ago, my supervisor was a very nice guy who had immigrated from Peru. We pulled the old "blowing the dust out of the phone lines" joke on him and it was great. We got the head of telecommunications to send him an email advising him that a technician would be clearing the dust from the phone lines and that it was very important not to answer the phone if it should ring. Meanwhile, another supervisor waited until she saw him reading the email and then called him. She would let it ring a few times and hang up and then call right back. Once he had sat in his workstation for a while next to a ringing phone, the telecommunications person sent another email to say "April Fools". He is a really fun guy with a great sense of humor and he thought it was hilarious. He still laughs about how we got him to this day>
          "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I didn't really do anything. I had an idea, but it was shot down by the assistant manager.

I wanted to tape off the entrances with crime-scene tape (I know like 5 cops, I have access )and wait for the GM to come in and wonder what the hell happened.

I know the afternoon crew is planning something. On Tuesday nights there's one desk guy and 2 concourse guys, one comes in at 4pm and the other at 8pm. The guy that comes in at 8pm CAN'T get there any earlier.

The assistant manager comes in at 5pm, but the afternoon crew starts at 4. So the other manager was gonna call her around 4pm and say "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you J can't work today", and then all the other concourse guys were gonna tell her "No, sorry, I can't cover tonight I have plans". Then we she shows up at 5, J was gonna hide in the supply closet to make her think he really DIDN'T show up. Making her think she has to run concourse for 3 hours by herself, and she can't physically do 90% of the stuff that concourse does due to back problems, such as walking out on the lanes, lifting heavy objects, lots of bending/stretching/etc. Even though he was actually there on-time (hell, he was early today).

Not sure if it went down, since I left around 4:15, but that was the plan.
            Last edited by Lingering Grin; 04-01-2008, 10:32 PM.
            <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
              I rick-rolled the whole office.
              I don't get it. Seriously. What's the deal with that?

Although there was a link to an excellently done muppet rick-roll.

I don't usually do April fools stuff.

However, there are a lot of online sites having fun with today.

Everybody's favorite search engine that resolves to be 'not evil' has this little gem.

Then the most successful MMO ever has this winner of a new class.

And over at the fun supply center for geeks, we've got these delightful items.

$deity, I love the internet!

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The only one I did was:

me: (gives price)
                SC: You've got to be joking!
                me: You're right, it's really (double the actual price)
                SC: (starts turning red)
                me: April fool! It really is (actual price)

She wasn't going to buy it anyway, she was one of those morons who expect convenience stores to sell stuff for the wholesale price.

Comment

I felt sorry for the people in our guest relations department... they were doing a legitimate hiring drive (or I guess in this case transfer drive sense they were targeting people who already work for the company) where anyone who applies will be entered into a contest to win an iPod... and everyone thought it was an april fools prank... (btw, I turned in my app today, wish me luck)
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

My manager approached me last night and encouraged me to come up with a trick or two to play on the day shift..with her blessing. The morning shift manager was scheduled to come in at 5 am to change out the fryers, so I saran wrapped the back door entrance and turned out all the lights (we keep one light on so they can see when they enter the back door. Then I took all the drink cups for the morining crew and hid them, a couple of them I hung from the ceiling, others were hidden in boxes in the cooler and another shift manager's cup was hidden in the safe. I had to come in to work the day shift today and I anticipated that they would hide my drink cups ( I have two..one for coffee) so I brought in an extra one. They knew it was me who played the pranks and everyone got a kick out of it. Yes they did hide my drink cup, but I took my time to find them as I anticipated the action!! I LOVE my manager!!!!

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      Ok, what all are you planning on doing (or have done) for april fools?
                      I set and detonated 15 glitter traps. Of them, 9 were traditional, and 6 were custom jobs. One of them involved a compressed air line, another two used a miniature trebuchet for delivery. I also used hyper-absorbent polymer powder 4 times, and swapped the salt and sugar in the break room (though that last one backfired, as someone else apparently had the same idea, and one of us, I'm not sure who, ended up swapping them back to normal).

I wasn't the only one playing pranks either. I was the victim of a glitter trap myself, as well as 3 different variants of the classic whoopee cushion (one of which involved a compressed air line and actually raised me off the seat; I should note, it was intended for someone else, and I just happened to be in the wrong place at the right time).

We didn't get much work done, between cleaning up pranks and being wary of our tools. But I'm pretty sure one of those whoopie cushions was from the boss, so I don't think he minded the shenanigans.

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                      The crew member walks back into the cargo area where the squaddies are sitting then proceeds to eat the soup.
                      I read about a variant of that once. Four high school students did that at lunch. One of them had a hot water bottle full of split pea soup down his shirt, pantomimed vomiting while making retching noises, leaned over the table and squeezed the bottle. His three friends then pulled out forks and began eating the green spew off the table.

Just like the Hercules crew prank, mass ejections occurred...
                      Last edited by Broomjockey; 04-02-2008, 11:33 PM. Reason: multi-quote

Comment

Well, there's this one:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/863/863492p1.html

It actually makes me angry, because it looks better than most of the movies announced for this year so far.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

for mine i sorta... accidentally bumped the emergency stop button the local server

Comment

Working...
                          X