This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding the Job Application.

This is a wonderful little translation I thought I'd write. It lists the things you see on an application, and what they REALLY mean or the real reason they're there.. Meanings in ()'s.

1.) Name. (So you can be cross referenced with other employees to see if anyone knows you, has worked with you, slept with you, married, you, or otherwise.)

2.) Address. (Later, if your background check comes up bad, we need to know where to send the cops.)

3.) Years at Address: (Cops like to know this too. May be other states looking for you.)

4.) Education: (Need to know what you are trained in so we can make sure NOT to put you on that equipment or in that position.)

5.) Skills: (used to weed out people who actually can do the job. Also to weed out anyone who can do anything of any proficiency.)

6.) Work History: (Where have you been, how long, and, who can we call to find out the real dirt? Also, did you work at our competition and if so are you willing to divulge trade secrets, or is there a chance you're a spy?)

7.) Wages Expected: (Actually a trap. Any answer is automatically wrong. Even no answer.)

8.) Days you Can, Can't work. (Used to see what days you want to work, and what days you don't, and then *if hired* used to schedule on the days you don't want to work.)

9.) Comments: (Used to see if you can write legibly and spell better than a third grader. If you can, then you won't be hired since you're over qualified.)
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

I guess I'm overqualified.

Good day to you, Sir.

:toddles off:
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Repsac, this is a hoot!

10) How did you hear about us? (Guaranteed to get you not hired because *gasp* you can read!

11) Can you travel, if the job requires it? (this way we can put you on a desk in the basement so no one sees you, ever)

12) Referances (So we can pretend to call them but never do)
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
      X