Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are you sure the dog graduated from his class?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you sure the dog graduated from his class?

we have a semi-regular customer that is blind but had a seeing eye dog. no problem there. our delivery truck (40 foot long semi and trailer) was parked in fron t of the store and i was unloading our delivery. she comes out of the front door with the dog guiding her. dog almost guides her into the side of the truck. i screamed "ma'am there is a truck in front of you". dog looks at me like huh???

Some dogs after several years or even a few after a year need to be retrained because of things like this. Sometimes it's because the dog itself needs a seeing eye dog.

Comment

Maybe the dog was trying to do it on purpose. Like, he thought it would be funny to watch her smack into the truck.

Comment

Or the dog figured "I can go under it, so can my human!"
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

There was a dog in Germany that kept walking its owners under vehicles, it was retired after the fourth incident.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            Or the dog figured "I can go under it, so can my human!"
            Mine was just like that!

Maybe the puppy dog was a loaner while Blind Lady's was.....uhm.....getting a check-up or something. Heck, I dunno. I trained mine to respond to sign language 'cause I was bored. Didn't work so well when she started going blind. By then I stopped using ASL and was working on sounds, but she had selective hearing (She could hear a cheese wrapper from outside, when the house was sealed up tight, but she couldn't hear me say her name when she was laying on my lap).
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
            X