This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those nights...

Thankfully, now that at this very moment I don't have any really detrimental and overly stupid/arrogant trainees, this is no longer a nightly occurence, but it doesn't stop it from happening at least one day a week. Oh thank gosh, just 14 more days and I won't have to deal with this again....

I understand the machines I teach are obselete. I understand that they are crap. Older machines tend to run very slow and break down or run like garbage a lot. A lot of these machines do not run certain product very well. I understood I'd be setting myself up for a challenge when I took the trainer job, having been running these machines for quite a while. But my goal was to teach people to deal with it and do the best that they could on their OWN....because sometimes there is just no more that can be done and you just have to swallow your pride and just go with it....until the bigwigs get over being stupid and shell out some money for newer equipment, this is what we're stuck with.

Now, my main thing here is as a trainer, it is MY job to teach YOU how to run the machine YOURSELF. It is MY job to show YOU what to do in every situation so that you will be able to do it on your OWN. It is my job to teach you how to handle every "if/when" situation. It is NOT my job to make your machine run better for you. I have no special access and cannot fiddle with it. All I can do is try to push YOU to troubleshoot and do everything possible in our troubleshooting guides. Then we need a room runner, as they have all the codes.

Let me make this clear: You will NOT be allowed to be totally trained in until you are able to do this BY YOURSELF. Calling me over every 5 seconds because "It's not running good!" is not going to get you anywhere but held back week after week. You HAVE to take some initiative and do some things ON YOUR OWN. You HAVE to try everything in your power BEFORE you get help. A lot of these things happen on a nightly basis, and most of you seem to think that it's MY job to make it work for you. It ISN'T. Have you not paid ANY attention to what I've shown you?

Maybe I'm just starting to get really sucky and just too antsy to quit training, but I was ready to lose it last night. We were all having problems. I couldn't even take 3 seconds to blow my nose without having my name called over and over and over and over because every single trainee could not do anything on their own, even though every situation was one that has happened before. Sometimes it happens once a night! I swear, 10 minutes could not go by without hearing "Blas! Blas! It won't work! Blas! Blas! What do I do? Blas! Blas! Make it run!"

I wanted to lock myself in the bathroom and scream. I am getting so sick of this. When I am the trainee, I want to learn everything as quickly and efficiently as possible, because I want to be able to do it on my own. If I have a question or am unsure about my access, I will ask, but I pay special attention as to what to do in every situation. I am NOT needy like that.

I am so sick of needy people. I look at the other trainer's trainees and see the initiative they take, I see how hard they try....it just irritates me that some of these people have already been trained in other areas and were bragged up a storm about, but once they came to me, they became as helpless as babies and cannot do anything or think for themselves. And I have learned from past mistakes and make sure to never coddle trainees and make it clear that they need to make special notes and pay attention to what I am showing them to do, as they WILL need to remember this for when it happens again.

I'm just really frustrated....and cannot wait for this to be over. Why are people so damn needy?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Well, at least you have the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. Eventually you won't have to put up with lackwit co-workers blurting out "Blas! Push button! Make work!"
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I don't want to play victim or go back to older times where I'd blame myself for all failure.....I just wonder if it's them or some sort of vibe I give off that makes people all of a sudden really helpless.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
      X